We were the smallest town for a while.
曾经有段时间我们是最小的城镇。
Do we still wish we were?
我们还希望是最小的吗?
I don't know, to be a population of one and a population of two, and you're both in the same county, in the same state.
我不确定,一个人的小镇和两个人的小镇,都在同一个县,同一个州。
I think that's pretty wonderful.
我认为这非常棒。
What is the population of Monowi?
莫诺威的人口是多少?
Population one, me.
一个,我。
The population of Gross, Nebraska is one, two.
内布拉斯加州格罗斯的人口是两个。
One, two.
一号,二号。
We don't have enough people.
我们这没有足够的人手。
It's nothing against the towns, nothing against the people running the businesses.
没有人在镇上,没有人经营生意。
We simply have run out of people out in this area.
我们这个地方就是没有人了。
All we have in town is the bank vault that remains from the Gross State Bank.
镇上只有州立银行剩下的保险库。
Then we have a community Hall.
还有一个社区会堂。
And then our house and the trailer house across the street.
然后是我们的房子和街对面的旅居拖挂车。
We had a high school here.
这以前有高中的。
There was church until, oh, maybe the mid '60s.
直到60年代中期,教堂还在。
We have the same paperwork and everything to fill out that Omaha and New York City and every other city has.
我们和奥马哈、纽约以及其他所有城市一样需要填写同样的文件和其它一些东西。
We don't have an election for mayor, I just let him keep that job.
这没有市长选举,我就让他继续当着吧。
The young folks or any that go from here to the city, they can adjust pretty well and make a good life there, but you take somebody that's born and raised in the city and they usually just can't hack it out in this area.
年轻人或者从这里去到城市的人,他们可以很好地适应,在那里生活得很好,但如果是在城市出生长大的人,他们通常无法在这个地区生活。
Never gets lonely living in a town of two.
住在一个只有两个人的小镇上从来不会寂寞。
There's always somebody passing through.
总有人经过。
Values are different.
价值观念不同。
You don't have everything at your fingertips, so you just learn to sit and converse more.
附近没有太多东西,所以你就学会了坐着,多交谈。
I'm not here because I have to be.
我不是迫不得已待在这的。
I could close up and leave here any time I wanted, go wherever I wanted.
我可以随时关门离开这里,想去哪就去哪。
I'm here because I want to be here.
我在这,是因为我想待在这。