It is the ultimate eternal tribute to your first love, your mom.
这是献给你的第一份爱,你的母亲的永恒的礼物。
The I love mom heart tattoo, iconic and beloved.
“我爱妈妈”心形纹身,很具有象征性,受到很多人的喜爱。
The history of the mom-centric tribute dates back to the 1700s, when sailors were at the forefront of tattoo culture.
这种“妈妈”在中心的纹身图案的历史可以追溯到18世纪,当时水手是纹身文化的先锋。
Picture this: you're staring down a long stint at sea, possibly to never return home.
想象一下:你将在海上待很长一段时间,可能再也回不了家。
These said sailors often wanted to keep their loved ones close, and what could be any closer than a heart on your arm?
这些水手经常想把他们的亲人留在身边,还有什么比在手臂上的一颗心更近呢?
This heart could symbolize the heart of a girlfriend, a wife, or mom.
这颗心可以象征女友、妻子或母亲。
It is even said that mom can symbolize a love of country, the motherland, if you will.
甚至有人说妈妈这个词可以象征对祖国的热爱,如果你愿意的话。
But nothing says I love mom like this guy, Norman Collins, AKA Sailor Jerry.
但没有谁像这个人这样表达“我爱妈妈”,他是诺曼·柯林斯,又名水手杰瑞。
Sailor Jerry is the man who popularized and polarized the I love mom tattoo, amongst many others.
水手杰瑞使“我爱妈妈”这一纹身在众多其它纹身中脱颖而出,并丰富了图案变化。
Nowadays, I love mom tattoos are as popular as ever amongst those in the service and civilians.
如今,“我爱妈妈”纹身在军人和平民中依然流行。
Though the imagery has changed a bit, the heartfelt sentiment remains the same.
虽然图案有所改变,但内心的情感依然如故。
We love you mom.
我们爱您,妈妈。