There's something quite primal about being in a tree, something that just feels really safe.
待在树上有一种很原始的感觉,感觉很安全。
It's just great.
感觉很棒。
Go climb a tree.
去爬树吧。
An arborist is somebody who takes care of the trees.
树木学家就是照顾树木的人。
We prune, maintain, and remove if dangerous.
当有危险情况,我们要进行修剪、维护和清除。
Really the whole healthcare of a tree.
总之就是对树木健康的全面照顾。
In Melbourne, we're quite lucky in the ranges.
在墨尔本,我们算是这一行里很幸运的。
There's trees up there that are 85, 90 meters.
这里的树大约85到90米高。
Really, really big trees.
非常非常高大的树。
At the moment, I'm about 24, 22, 24 meters up a tree, in a beautiful old red gum.
此刻,我大概在一个树上24或22米高的位置,在一棵美丽的老赤桉树上。
This old tree we're in today is maybe 250 years old, and it would be such a shame to the landscape to lose something like this.
我们在的这棵老树可能有250年的历史了,在这风景里如果没有了这棵树将非常可惜。
Is it dangerous?
危险吗?
It probably, yeah, it must be really dangerous.
可能,是的,肯定很危险。
I mean it's one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, apparently.
我是说,这显然是世界上最危险的工作之一。
Every single tree has something different that you have to put into it.
每棵树都不同,你都需要用不同的方法对待。
That hole is just big enough to take one of the syringes and actually prevent all these leaf-miners from attacking those leaves.
这个洞刚好能容下一个注射器,它能防止叶虫伤害这些叶片。
Working with trees and understanding trees and having a respect for trees is the only way I think you can really then cut the trees.
我认为砍树的必需前提是与树木合作,理解树木,尊重树木。
The thing is, sometimes a tree needs to come down.
事实是,有时候一棵树需要被砍掉。
If there's an obvious failure, or disease or something, then we're the best ones to come out, remove it safely, and advise about how we can replant.
如果有明显的障碍、疾病或其他什么,那么我们还是最好出来将它安全地移除,并就重新种植给出建议。
We're here actually trying to preserve and look after the trees, because we very much have an affection for them.
实际上我们在这里是想保护和照顾这些树木,因为我们对它们有很深的感情。