Rock Me To Sleep (上) Elizabeth Akers
《拥我入眠》伊丽莎白·艾克斯
Backward, turn backward, O Time, in your flight
噢,流逝的时光,后退,向后退
Make me a child again just for tonight!
就只是今夜,让我做回纯真小孩!
Mother, come back from the echoless shore
妈妈,从没有回音的海岸回来
Take me again to your heart as of yore
一如往昔把我拥入怀里
Kiss from my forehead the furrows of care
亲吻我额头时那充满关怀的皱纹
Smooth the few silver threads out of my hair
顺理我头上乱糟糟的银色发丝
Over my slumbers your loving watch keep
在我熟睡时,一直怜爱地望着我
Rock me to sleep, mother, rock me to sleep!
摇我入眠,妈妈,摇我入眠!
Backward, flow backward, O tide of the years!
噢,岁月的潮汐,后退,向后退!
I am so weary of toil and of tears
我己厌倦於辛劳与眼泪
Toil without recompense, tears all in vain
辛劳而无补偿,眼泪徒流而无助
Take them, and give me my childhood again
都拿去吧,只要回到我童年
I have grown weary of dust and decay
我已经厌倦了尘埃与腐败
Weary of flinging my soul-wealth away
厌倦於丢失我的精神财富
Weary of sowing for others to reap
厌倦於为他人作出嫁衣裳
Rock me to sleep, mother rock me to sleep!
摇我入眠,妈妈,摇我入眠!
Tired of the hollow, the base, the untrue
厌倦於空洞,卑鄙,不真实
Mother, O mother, my heart calls for you!
妈妈,噢,妈妈,我的心在呼唤您!