手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

人类性本善还是性本恶?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there, Psych2Goers, and welcome back to another Psych2Go video.

嘿,大家好,欢迎来到下一个视频。

All of the love and support that you have given us, has helped us on our mission to help you learn more about psychology in a fun and digestible way.

你给我们的所有爱和支持帮助我们完成了我们的使命,同时也帮助大家以一种有趣和容易理解的方式学习更多心理学相关知识。

So thanks for that. Now, let's continue. Are humans naturally good or naturally evil?

十分感谢。现在,咱们继续。人类是性本善还是性本恶?

People have been asking this question for thousands of years and the answer is still unclear but we know more about human nature now than ever before.

这个问题人类已经问了几千年了,答案仍未知,但我们现在比以往任何时候都更了解人类的本性。

Here are 13 secret facts about human nature to help you decide for yourself, are humans good or evil by nature?

这里有13个秘密的关于人性的事实,你可以以此来判定人的本性是善还是恶?

Number one, we make harsh assumptions.

第一,人类会做出苛刻的假设。

When someone does a bad thing, you assume they're a bad person but when you do the same thing, you blame your environment instead of yourself.

别人做了坏事时你会认为他们是坏人,但当你做了同样的事情时你会责怪自己所处的环境而不是你自己。

This is called actor-observer asymmetry and it's a fundamental part of human nature.

这被称为“行为者-观察者不对称”,这是人类本性的基本组成部分。

We make false attributions about others, while cutting ourselves plenty of slack.

我们会对他人做出错误的归因,同时对自己也置之不理。

Number two, we enjoy distress, sometimes.

第二,人类有时喜欢痛苦。

Are humans cruel by nature?

人类的本性是残忍的吗?

According to a 2013 study by Rudolph and others, humans relish the distress of other humans but only if we think they deserve it.

根据鲁道夫和其他人2013年做的一项研究,人类享受他人的痛苦,但只有当我们认为他们活该时。

Imagine a super villain getting beat up by a superhero, we enjoy watching this character suffer because they did something bad.

想象一下一个超级反派被一个超级英雄痛打了一顿,我们喜欢看这个角色因为做了坏事而受折磨。

But what if the villain was attacking the hero? We judge that hero as morally good. Instead of pleasure, we would feel anger or pain.

但如果坏人在攻击英雄呢?我们会认为那个英雄从道德层面来讲是好人,所以我们会感到愤怒或痛苦,而不是快乐。

So yes, we do enjoy the suffering of others but only under the right circumstances.

所以,是的,我们确实享受别人的痛苦,但只在适当的情况下。

Number three, we ignore facts.

第三,人类会忽视事实。

What's the best way to make an argument?

最好的辩论方式是什么?

Most people think facts and figures are the most compelling points out there.

大多数人认为事实和数据是最令人信服的。

However, according to a study by Lord and others, humans are too narrow-minded by nature.

然而,根据洛德和其他人的研究,人类天生心胸狭窄。

If someone presents us with sound evidence, we're likely to ignore the facts and stick to our original point of view.

如果有人给我们提供可靠的证据,我们很可能会忽略事实,坚持自己最初的观点。

Number four, we believe in justice.

第四,我们相信正义。

Is the world a fair place? The facts say no but human nature says yes.

这个世界公平吗?事实告诉我们不公平,但人类的本性告诉我们公平。

As children, we believe the world is just and fair, the good are rewarded and the bad are punished.

孩子会相信世界是公平的、正义的,好人有好报,坏人有恶报。

As you grow up, you learn that the world is more complicated than you thought but you still believe life is fair in the end.

等你长大了,你知道了世界比自己想象的复杂,但你仍然相信生活始终是公平的。

When you see someone suffering, you convince yourself that they deserved it.

当你看到别人受苦时,你会说服自己他们活该。

You assume that all pain is warranted and all hardship is self-imposed.

你认为所有的痛苦都是理所当然的,所有的苦难都是自己给自己强加的。

By nature, humans believe in a just world, even if the world isn't just at all.

从本质上来说,人类相信一个公正的世界,即使这个世界根本不公正。

hqdefault_副本.jpg

Number five, we are empathetic.

第五,我们有同理心。

Humans are predators, sitting at the top of the food chain, but does that mean we're violent by nature?

人类是掠食者,处于食物链的顶端,但这是否意味着我们天生暴力?

Our history is filled with bloodshed, cruelty and war.

我们的历史充满了流血、残忍和战争。

But one biological discovery proves that humans are built to help each other, not hurt each other.

但一项生物学发现证明,人类生来就是会互相帮助,而不是互相伤害。

According to a 2015 study by Lamm and Majdandzic, the human brain contains mirror neurons.

根据拉姆和马伊丹吉克2015年的一项研究,人类大脑含有镜像神经元。

Mirror neurons are special nerve cells in the brain that instinctively activate when you share a feeling or behavior with someone else.

镜像神经元是大脑中的一种特殊神经细胞,当你与他人分享一种感觉或行为时,它会本能地激活。

Your mirror neurons connect you to the world around you and create a complex emotion called empathy.

你的镜像神经元将你与你周围的世界连接起来,并产生一种叫做“同理心”的复杂情绪。

While humans can learn to be violent, empathy is ingrained within our nature.

虽然人类可以学会暴力,但“同理心”是我们本性中所根深蒂固的。

Number six, we demand fairness.

第六,我们要求公平。

A 2008 study by Valdesolo and DeSteno, researched people who judge others, while they freely attack and shame other people for their mistakes.

瓦尔德索洛和德斯特诺在2008年的一项研究中,研究了那些一边评判他人一边随意攻击并羞辱他人的人。

These people rarely pay any attention to their own issues.

这些人很少注意自己的问题。

In other words, we expect the world to be fair but we allow ourselves to be selfish.

换句话说,我们期望世界是公平的,但我们允许自己自私。

Number seven, we are stronger as women.

第七,作为女性,我们更强大。

According to a 2008 book by Dacey and Travers, one biological sex is actually stronger than the other.

根据达西和特拉弗斯2008年出版的一本书,一种生理性别实际上比另一种更强大。

Men are typically taller and more muscular but women have structural and biological advantages.

男性通常更高,肌肉更发达,而女性则具有结构和生理上的优势。

Dacey And Travers explain that women are less vulnerable to defects and disease than men.

达西和特拉弗斯解释说,相较于男性,女性更不容易受到缺陷和疾病的伤害。

Why? Because XY is a far more fragile pairing than XX.

为什么?因为XY比XX更脆弱。

Despite what our society might say, women are the stronger sex by nature.

不管我们的社会怎么说,女人天生就是更强大的性别。

Number eight, we hate being bored.

第八,我们讨厌无聊。

Would you rather shock yourself or spend 15 minutes sitting in silence?

你是想吓自己一跳,还是想静静地坐上15分钟?

In 2014, Wilson and others found that most people would rather shock themselves.

2014年,威尔逊等人发现,大多数人更愿意吓自己。

By nature, humans search for any way to avoid being bored, even if that means hurting yourself in the process.

出于天性,人类会寻找各种方式来避免无聊,即使这意味着在这个过程中伤害自己。

Number nine, we search for balance.

第九,人类会寻找平衡。

When problems happen inside your body, you naturally regenerate and stabilize.

当问题发生在你的身体里,你会自然地再生和平复。

Your body is always trying to return to its natural state, the state of harmony and balance throughout the body.

你的身体总是会试图回到它的自然状态,整个身体和谐平衡的状态。

No matter what's happening, from physical injury to overwhelming stress, your body and brain are always searching for balance.

不管发生什么,你的身体和大脑总是会寻找身体伤害和巨大压力之间的平衡。

Number 10, we are overconfident.

第十,我们过于自信。

Are you smarter than the average person? Most people will say yes but they're usually wrong.

你比普通人聪明吗?大多数人会说是的,但他们通常是错的。

People who think they're smart are often the least intelligent.

自认为聪明的人往往是最不聪明的人。

This bias called the Dunning-Kruger Effect is just one of the many different ways that humans overestimate their own capabilities.

这种被称为“邓宁-克鲁格效应”的偏见只是人类高估自身能力的众多不同方式之一。

We do the same thing with morality, kindness and trustworthiness. In other words, humans are overconfident by nature.

我们在道德、善良和诚信方面也同样如此。换句话说,人类天生就过于自信。

11, we are attracted to darkness.

11,我们被黑暗所吸引。

Why do we fall for mysterious people?

为什么我们被神秘之人所吸引?

Troubled and dangerous souls have long attracted people of all orientations.

不安的、危险的灵魂长期以来一直吸引着各种各样的人。

Think about traits like self-interest, insensitivity and impulsiveness.

想想自我利益、迟钝和冲动等特征。

These traits are strongly associated with severe personality disorders, like psychopathy, but they're also considered highly attractive.

这些特征与严重的人格障碍密切相关,比如精神变态,但它们也被认为非常具有吸引力。

12, we are easily intimidated.

12,我们很容易被恐吓。

Like many species, human leaders may gain power through intimidation.

像许多物种一样,人类领袖可以通过恐吓获得权力。

Humans naturally surrender to and support individuals who scare or overpower them.

人类自然地屈服并支持那些恐吓或压制他们的人。

Even if a leader isn't right for the job, they may intimidate their way to the top.

即使一个领导者不适合这个职位,他们也可能会通过恐吓的方式爬上最高职位。

And number 13, we abuse anonymity.

第十三,人类会滥用匿名。

Have you ever wondered why so many mean comments are left online?

你有没有想过为什么网上有这么多刻薄的评论

Humans are generally ethical, when we know someone else is watching but when we become anonymous, we're more likely to betray our own values.

一般来说,人类是有道德的,我们知道有人在监视我们,但当别人不知道我们是谁时,我们更有可能背叛自己的价值观。

Has human nature ever gotten the best of you? Do you think humans are naturally good or naturally evil?

你有没有被人性冲昏头脑?你认为人性本善还是人性本恶?

Tell us about your experiences in the comments below.

请在下方评论区告诉我们你的经历。

Don't forget to click the like button and subscribe to Psych2Go for more psychology content.

别忘了点赞并订阅Psych2Go了解更多心理学相关内容。

And as always, thanks for watching, we'll see you in the next one.

依旧感谢收看,我们下期见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
species ['spi:ʃiz]

想一想再看

n. (单复同)物种,种类

 
overpower [,əuvə'pauə]

想一想再看

vt. 压倒;克服;使无法忍受

 
complex ['kɔmpleks]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的
n. 复合体

联想记忆
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
fairness ['fɛənis]

想一想再看

n. 公平,公正

 
troubled ['trʌbld]

想一想再看

adj. 动乱的,不安的;混乱的;困惑的

联想记忆
fundamental [.fʌndə'mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 基本的,根本的,重要的
n. 基本原

 
intimidation [intimi'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 恐吓,威胁

联想记忆
muscular ['mʌskjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 肌肉的,肌肉发达的

联想记忆
intelligent [in'telidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,智能的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。