手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第75期:道歉的时候别再用"sorry"啦(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Don't use "My bad" when the mistake is pretty big, like

当犯大错时时,不要使用 "My bad"

if you forgot to invite your grandma to your wedding,

如果你忘了邀请你的奶奶参加你的婚礼,

Don't say "Oh, my bad!

不要说"Oh, my bad!

That wouldn't go down very well!

这不会有很好的效果

It's kind of a bigger problem than just "My bad"

这是一个比"My bad"更大的问题

So in that situation, you would need something

所以在那种情况下,你需要一些东西

a little more meaningful, okay?

更走心的东西,好吗?

"Sorry!" Or "My bad" just isn't quite enough.

"Sorry!" 或者 "My bad" 完全不够表达歉意。

So you could say,

所以你可以说,

"Grandma, I owe you an apology."

“Grandma, I owe you an apology."

I owe you an apology.

我欠你一个道歉。

Or, "Grandma I want to apologise".

或者,Or, "Grandma I want to apologise".

Alright?

懂了吗?

Both of these expressions

这两种表达

are used to show that you're serious

用于表明你是认真的

and that you're genuine about your apology.

并且你对你的道歉是真诚的。

They're a little more formal so they

他们比较正式

show respect to the person that you're talking to

向与你交谈的人表达尊重

and they're really useful in the workplace.

它们在工作场所非常有用。

Okay? In the office, when you need, you know, to sound professional

在办公室,当你需要,你知道,听起来专业

and maybe a little bit more formal,

或许更加正式,

than these are great options.

这些都是很好的选择。

The other thing to keep in mind is that

要记住的另一件事是

both of these expressions need an explanation.

这两个表达都需要解释。

Why are you sorry? You could say:

你为什么觉得抱歉?你可以说:

I want to apologise for something, right?

我想为某事道歉,懂吗?

I want to apologise for my behaviour last night.

我想为昨晚的行为道歉。

I want to apologise to someone okay.

我想向某人道歉。

I want to apologise to your sister.

我想向你的妹妹道歉。

Now, the difference between to and for here is

to与for在这里的区别

super important.

非常重要。

These little prepositions are a little tricky so,

这些小介词有点难,所以,

for the grammar rules and more examples about

关于语法规则和更多的例子

to and for, then I want you to check out this lesson

关于to和for,我希望你可以去看这个课程

right here.

就在这儿。

It's all about to and for and when to use them.

它是关于何时使用to和for。

But it's important to explain why you're apologising

但重要的是解释你为什么要道歉

with these expressions.

用这些表达方式。

Alright, let's think of a more significant problem that maybe you created now.

好吧,让我们假设你犯了一个十分严重的错误。

You might need to write a formal apology,

你可能需要写一份正式的道歉,

you know, for your behavior or for

你知道,因为你的行为或

the behaviour of a family member.

家庭成员的行为。

Something that you really regret.

你真为此事后悔。

Or in a professional context, when

或者在职场背景下

your mistake has resulted in a significant problem

当你的错误导致了一个重大问题

for your customer or your company.

给你的客户或你的公司。

Well, in these situations you need more formal language

那么,在这些情况下,你需要更正式的语言

that's going to help you to express just how

这将帮助你如何表达

deeply sorry you are.

深深的歉意

I sincerely apologise for my behaviour, for my actions

我真诚地为我的行为,为我的行为道歉

for the trouble that I've caused.

因为我造成的麻烦。

Okay?

怎么样

You could also say, "I take full responsibility

你也可以说,“我承担全部责任

for whatever's happened."

无论发生什么事。“

Okay,

好的

下载.png

now you might even take it one step further and say

现在你甚至可以更进一步说

"I'm embarrassed about what has happened" or

“我对发生的事情感到尴尬”或者

"I'm ashamed of my behaviour."

“我为自己的行为感到羞耻。”

Or my brother's behaviour. I'm really embarrassed.

或者我兄弟的行为。我真的很尴尬。

Now, it's more common to see these expressions used

现在,这些表达方式更为常见

in written English, like in emails and letters,

用英文书写中,如电子邮件和信件,

but in professional or quite formal situations,

但在专业或非常正式的情况下,

it's acceptable to say these expressions

说这些表达是可以接受的

directly to someone.

直接对某人说

Now don't forget that these ways are,

现在别忘了这些方法,

they're quite formal and they're quite serious ways to apologise.

他们是很正式,认真的道歉方式。

So, if you're a little bit late to class,

所以,如果你上课有点晚,

it's probably a bit too much to say

这说的可能有点太多了

"I sincerely apologise for being late."

“我为迟到而道歉。”

"I take full responsibility for my actions."

“我对自己的行为负全部责任。”

But if you accidentally slept in and you missed

但如果你不小心睡了而你错过了

your final exam,

你的期末考试,

well, then this kind of language

好吧,那么这种表达

might actually be useful for you.

可能对你十分有用。

You might be able to convince your professor

你或许可以说服你的教授

that it was an honest mistake

这是一个诚实的错误

and maybe you can repeat the exam.

也许你可以补考。

So I hope that you've learned some new expressions

我希望你已经学会了一些新的表达方式

and phrases during that lesson to help you sound

及一些短语,可以帮助你听起来

more sincere and more sophisticated

更真诚,更精炼

when you apologise in English.

当你用英语道歉时

Don't forget that you can practise your natural English

不要忘记你可以练习自然英语

expression and pronunciation with me

表达和发音与我一起

in the mmmEnglish Imitation Lessons.

在mmmEnglish模仿课程中。

The link is in the description below

在mmmEnglish模仿课程中。

and it's really easy just to grab them and try them out.

理解并尝试它们真的很容易。

Thanks for watching this lesson. I will definitely

感谢您收听本课程。

see you in the next lesson.

下节课见

Make sure you subscribe if you haven't already!

如果你还没有订阅,请务必订阅!

See you soon!

再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
imitation [.imi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 模仿,效法
adj. 假造的,冒充的

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
pronunciation [prə.nʌnsi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发音

联想记忆
apology [ə'pɔlədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 道歉;勉强的替代物

联想记忆
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
genuine ['dʒenjuin]

想一想再看

adj. 真正的,真实的,真诚的

联想记忆
sophisticated [sə'fistikeitid]

想一想再看

adj. 诡辩的,久经世故的,精密的,老练的,尖端的

联想记忆
sincerely [sin'siəli]

想一想再看

adv. 真诚地,真心地

 
explanation [.eksplə'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解释,说明

 
embarrassed [im'bærəst]

想一想再看

adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。