Hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish.
大家好!这里是mmmEnglish,我是Emma。
In today's lesson, I'm going to share some different
今天的课程里 我将要跟大家分享一些不同的
and more meaningful ways to say
以及更深刻的方式来表达
"Sorry!"
对不起
Now of course, it's okay to say "I'm sorry",
当然 说“I'm sorry”也是可以的
when you make a mistake or you do something wrong,
当你做错事时
you can say "I'm sorry!"
你可以说“I'm sorry!”
But "sorry" is really overused in English.
但是“sorry”在英文中使用太过频繁
It's so overused that sometimes it can seem a little meaningless.
其使用过于频繁以致于有时会被看作不太走心
You see, people use "sorry" all the time!
大家总是使用“sorry”
They apologise all the time for lots of different reasons.
人们会因各种原因进行道歉
"Sorry!"
“Sorry!”
"Sorry I'm late!"
对不起,我迟到了
"Sorry!"
“Sorry”
"Sorry, I forgot to bring the...."
对不起,我忘记带。。。
"Oh! Sorry!"
哦!对不起
And because of that,
由于其过多使用
"I'm sorry" can feel a little less meaningful.
“I'm sorry”让人感觉不太真诚
Sometimes it can feel like you don't really care
有时会让人觉得你并不在乎
or you're just saying "sorry" because you feel like
或者你说“sorry”,只是因为你觉得
you have to, not because you actually mean it.
你有必要道歉,并不是发自肺腑的
So when you really need to say sorry for something that you've done,
所以当你真的想要因为你所做的事情表达歉意时
maybe a mistake that you've made or
或许是你犯的一个错误
some problem that you've created, well then,
一些你导致的麻烦
it's a good idea to use a stronger expression.
使用强烈的表达是合适的
Okay? To show that you really mean it.
来表示你真的很在意
And today, I'm going to share
今天,我要分享
some more meaningful ways to say "I'm sorry",
一些对“I’m sorry”更走心的表达方式
some meaningful ways to apologise.
一些走心的道歉方式
Now, we're going to give you a few different options
接下来,我将给出一些不同的选择
to help you build your vocabulary
来帮助你提升你的词汇
so that your English sounds more
会使你的英语听起来更加
sophisticated and more meaningful.
高级并且更加用心
But if you want to improve your English pronunciation
如果你想要提升自己的英语发音
and natural expression,
和自然的表达
then I really recommend the mmmEnglish
我强烈推荐mmmEnglish
Imitation Lessons!
模仿课程
All of the lessons there are focused on specific situations
所有的课程都专注于特定的情境
and you'll learn not just what to say,
你不仅学会说什么
but how to say it. And in English, it's so important,
而学会如何表达,这在英语中很重要
especially when you're trying to be genuine and real,
特别是当你想要你的英文更加真实纯粹,
it's so important to change the tone of your voice
改变你的声调非常重要
and your facial expressions and your body language
以及你的面部表情和你的肢体语言
really helps to convey your message.
十分有助于传达你的信息。
Now I created the mmmEnglish Imitation Lessons
现在我创办了mmmEnglish模仿课程
especially for my students to help them
尤其是为了我的学生,来帮助他们
develop their pronunciation but also
提高他们的发音,同时
their natural expression.
提高他们的自然表达。
You're going to be able to practise on your own at home,
你可以在家里自己练习,
you don't need a teacher or a speaking partner
你不需要老师或语伴
and you can practise your English speaking skills in your own time,
你可以练习英语口语技巧
whenever it suits you.
在你自己合适的时间内
So if you haven't checked out the imitation lessons yet,
所以,如果你还没有查看模拟课程,
grab the link in the description
点击说明中的链接
or you can head straight to the webpage right there!
或者你可以直接访问这个网页!
So let's focus on some different ways to say "I'm sorry".
让我们看一些不同的方式来说“I'm sorry”。
One of the hardest things about apologising
道歉时最困难的事情之一
is admitting that you've done something wrong.
是承认你做错了事情
Socially, it can be quite an awkward situation. Right?
在社交方面,这可能是一个非常尴尬的局面。是吧?
It's one that makes you feel a little uncomfortable.
这会让你感到有点不舒服。
Now, if we're talking about a small problem that you created,
现在,如果我们谈论的是你引发的小问题,
perhaps you provided your colleague with some wrong information.
也许你提供了你的同事一些错误的信息。
It was an accident but still, you're at fault.
这是一次意外,但仍然是你的错。
Then it's absolutely fine to say
这么说是可以的
"Ah...My mistake."
Ah...My mistake.
Just own it, you know?
承认错误,你知道吗?
It was my mistake, I made the mistake.
这是我的错,我犯错了。
So you can actually say "Oh.. My mistake",
所以你可以说"Oh.. My mistake",
instead of saying "Sorry"
而不是说“Sorry”
Now you can also say "My apologies".
现在你也可以说"My apologies"。
My apologies, I made a mistake.
我道歉,我犯了一个错误。
But if you want to tone it down a little
但如果你不想过于严肃
and you want to make it a little less formal
而你想让它变得不那么正式
then you can also say "My bad!"
那么你也可以说"My bad!"
This has become a really common expression
这已成为一种非常普遍的表达方式
you use to admit that you did something wrong
你用它来承认你做错了事
in less formal situations.
在不太正式的情况下。
"You're late for the meeting! It started an hour ago!"
“你参加会议已经很晚了!已经开始一小时了!”
"Really? Oh, my bad! I didn't have it in my calendar."
“真的吗?哦,我的错!我没有把他添加到行程里。”
So it's like, "Oops! Oh, that was my fault."
所以它就像是,"Oops! Oh, that was my fault."
My mistake. You just own it, you know?
我的错。就是要承认错误,你懂吗?
You don't really need to say "Sorry" as well,
你真的不需要说“Sorry”,
you're just claiming the mistake as yours.
你只是承担错误。
And these are all great options
这些都是很好的选择
if the problem you created is not a big one.
如果你导致的问题不是很大。
Like, if you were supposed to make a booking
就像,如果你本应该预约一家餐馆
for you and ten mates at a restaurant
为你和你的十个朋友
and you forgot and when you get there,
当你到达餐馆时,你发现你忘记预定了
there's no room for you.
餐馆并没有你们的位置
That's a good time to say "Oh, my bad!"
这是说“Oh, my bad!"的很好的时机