手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第71期:让英语流利的三个诀窍(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Well hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish!

大家好,我是Emma,欢迎收听Emma的美味英语!

I'm super excited to share this video with you today.

我今天要和大家分享这个视频,超级激动。

I want to challenge your thinking about fluency.

我想要挑战一下大家对流利的看法。

What does it mean to be fluent in English?

英语流利意味着什么呢?

And are you actually more fluent than you think?

你的英语真的比你想象中的更加流利吗?

Before we get started I just want to thank the sponsor of today's lesson, Skillshare.

今天上课之前,我首先想要感谢一下本次课程的赞助商,Skillshare。

Now I mentioned Skillshare a few weeks ago, in this lesson here.

我几周之前就提到过Skillshare,本节课要再提一下。

They're an online learning platform with lots of free classes

这是一家在线教育平台,上面有大量的免费课程,

but through their Premium Membership,

但如果你成为了他们的高级会员,

you can access thousands of amazing classes taught by expert teachers across so many different areas.

你将有机会跟随各个不同领域的专家教授,学习上千节非常棒的课程。

It's mind-blowing really, just how many different courses there are.

各种各样的课程五花八门,令你大开眼界。

I've taken three classes already.

我已经上了三节课程。

I took one in productivity because I need as much help as I can get in that area.

我参加了一节创造力的课程,因为我需要得到大量帮助以提升我的创造力。

But I'm completely hooked on baking.

但我完全爱上了烘焙课。

I've never baked my own bread before

我之前从来没有自己烘焙过面包,

but I've taken two classes about bread-making on Skillshare and I'm getting pretty good at it now.

但自打我上了Skillshare的两节面包烘焙课程以后,我现在已经非常擅长做面包了。

I learned so much about the baking process and it's actually easier than you think.

我学到了很多有关烘焙过程的知识,真的比想象的简单的多。

Now, taking a course relating to your interest in English is an awesome way to build your fluency around topics that you love

你可以上一节感兴趣的、用英文教授的课程,这能够有效提高你在提及喜爱的话题时的英文流畅度

and Skillshare is the perfect place to do that.

而Skillshare就是一个完美的平台。

It's super affordable, a premium membership will cost you as little as ten dollars a month on their annual plan.

而且真的很便宜,如果购买高级会员年卡的话,每月才10美元。

But Skillshare have given us a special deal today.

但是Skillshare今天给了我们节目一个折扣。

The first five hundred mmmEnglish viewers who sign up with a credit card using the link in the description will get two whole months of premium access to all their courses.

前五百名美味英语的观众通过下方的链接用信用卡购买的话可以获得两个月的会员,可以看到所有的课程。

It's unlimited!

没有限制!

You can take as many classes as you want!

你想上多少课就可以上多少!

We're so grateful to Skillshare for offering this deal and giving you yet another way to practise your English skills.

非常感谢Skillshare提供给我们这个优惠,也提供给大家另一种练习英语技能的方式。

So quickly! Get down there and grab that link before someone else does!

赶快购买!赶在其他人之前点击下方获取链接吧!

All right. Back to the lesson.

好的。现在回到我们的课程。

Today I've got three ways to increase your English fluency,

我今天准备了三种提高大家英文流利度的方法,

but first and this is a very important question.

但是首先有一个非常重要的问题。

What does fluency mean to you?

流利对你而言意味着什么?

Now it's tricky because if I asked five of you, I'm sure I'd hear five completely different answers.

这个问题并不简单,如果我问你们其中五个人的话,我敢肯定肯定会听到五个完全不同的答案。

What does it mean to be fluent in English? What do you think?

那英语流利是什么意思呢?你怎样想呢?

I want you to write me a comment below.

我想让大家写在下方的评论处。

Tell me your opinion about this question.

告诉我你们对于这个问题的想法。

For some people, fluency is being able to have a normal conversation with a native speaker.

一些人觉得流利就是能够和母语者进行正常交谈。

Small talk, general topics like work, where you're from, your family - that kind of thing.

能够随便聊聊,聊聊工作、你来自哪里、你的家庭,等等类似的常见话题。

But for others, fluency relates to tests and exams.

但是对于其他人而言,流利是和考试挂钩的。

A certain level that you need to achieve before you can enter a university or apply for a visa. And that's okay too!

流利意味着你进入大学或者是申请签证之前需要达到的某一个特定水平。那也没问题!

But it's really important that you answer this question.

但是你自己要回答这个问题,这很重要。

When you say "I want to be fluent in English" what do you actually want to be able to do?

当你说“我想让自己的英语变得很流利”的时候,你是想实现什么呢?

Really think about your answer.

认真考虑一下你的答案。

I'm pushing you to do this.

我在敦促大家做这件事情。

I want you to join in on this discussion, be part of the conversation today here my friend.

我的朋友们,我很想让大家加入这个讨论之中,成为今天这个对话的一部分。

Don't just watch, I want you to participate.

不要只在一边默默地看,我想让大家练习。

……So for me, fluency is a mix of ability: reading, writing, listening, speaking skills and confidence.

那对于我而言呢,流利是一系列的能力的混合:阅读、写作、听力、口语技巧和自信。

Confidence to stay in an English conversation.

有信心用英语进行对话。

To me, fluency doesn't mean that you're an advanced English user.

对我而言,流利并不意味着你是高级英语使用者。

It could but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

当然也可以有这样的解释,但是并不一定是那个意思。

In my opinion, someone who's fluent in English can maintain a conversation and feel reasonably relaxed while they're doing it.

在我看来,英语流利的人可以与人对话,而且在对话的时候感觉非常地放松。

Their tone and their pace is comfortable.

他们的语气和语速都很舒适。

They don't hesitate too often.

他们不会经常犹豫。

They should be able to speak words and also express their feelings through their facial expression.

他们可以用言语,也可以用面部表情来传达他们的情感。

And importantly, they should be able to talk themselves around their mistakes, correct themselves if they need to.

重要的是,他们应该可以谈论自己的错误,如果需要的话会进行纠正。

images.jpg

The more confident that someone is speaking English, the more relaxed they are, right?

一个人讲英语时越自信,他们就会感到越放松,对吧?

They're comfortable in the language even if it's not a hundred percent perfect.

他们对这门语言感到非常舒适,即使并不是百分之百的完美。

So with my definition of fluency, someone who is an intermediate level student, could be fluent in English

所以按照我对流利的定义,中等水平的学生可以做到英语流利,

because fluency is about having the skills that you need to communicate comfortably and effectively but not perfectly.

因为流利指的是你拥有那些能够进行舒适有效交流所必须的技巧,而不是指你的英语要达到完美。

So I wonder if our ideas of fluency are slightly different.

所以我想知道你对于流利的看法是不是有点不同。

You might completely disagree with me and that's okay

你可能和我的观点背道而驰,但是没关系的,

as long as you know what English fluency means to you.

只要你知道英语流利对于你而言意味着什么就可以。

Okay we've all agreed that your own definition of fluency is completely acceptable here.

好的,我们都同意你对于流利定义的独到见解,我们完全可以接受。

And now that you know that definition, it's time for us to talk about some ways that you can increase your fluency.

既然你已经了解了流利的定义,是时候让我们来谈论一下提升流利度的一些方式了吧。

Firstly, I want you to worry less about accuracy.

首先,我希望你不要太在意正确性。

Now for some of you, this might not be such a new idea.

你们中有很多人可能都比较在意准确性。

Maybe you don't worry too much about your mistakes and that's perfect.

你要是不太在意犯错的话,那就太棒了。

But stay with me because I've got some other strategies coming up later in the lesson.

但是还是要继续听下去,因为我讲到后面还会提出其他的一些策略。

But for most of you, this idea might seem a little crazy

但是你们中的大多数人可能都会觉得这个想法有点点疯狂,

especially if you've studied English at school or at a university.

尤其是如果你在学校或者是大学里面学习过英语的话。

Everything that we are taught there is about getting it right and if it's not right, it's wrong.

我们所接受的教育就是要说对英语,不能够犯错。

You have to prove your ability by passing an exam.

你必须通过考试来证明自己的能力。

Well, life is nothing like an exam so I want you to forget all of that when you're thinking about fluency.

但生活并不是一场考试,所以我希望大家在思考流利的时候,能够忘记这些东西。

As your teacher, helping you to become more confident as an English speaker,

作为你们的老师,我要帮助你们,让你们讲英语时更加自信。

you need to change the way that you think about accuracy when you're speaking in English.

你需要改变,不要在说英语的时候一直想着准确性。

Now I'm not talking about writing in English here, I'm talking about speaking.

我现在谈论的不是英语写作,而是英语口语。

You know that there are many different ways to say the same thing, right?

大家都知道,说同一种事情的方式可以多种多样,对吧?

And if you make a mistake when you're speaking, you just need to learn how to loop yourself around in that conversation and fix it.

如果你说英语的时候犯了错误,你只需要学习如何引回这个话题,然后改掉这个错误就行啦。

You don't need to feel worried or ashamed, it happens to me, to native speakers all the time too.

你不需要担心或者是感到很羞耻,我也会有这种情况的,所有的母语者也都会犯错误。

All you need to do is feel confident that you can fix the mistakes that you make.

你需要做的就是充满信心,相信自己能够改掉你犯的那些错误。

If you're too focused on the mistakes that you're making and you're constantly questioning yourself in your head during your conversation,

如果你太关注你犯的错误的话,你就会在对话的时候在脑海中一直问自己,

this is going to hold you back

而这会对你造成阻碍,

because if you're too afraid or you're too worried to even start speaking, how are you supposed to get any practice, right?

因为如果你太害怕或者是太担心以至于不敢开始说话的话,你怎么能进行练习呢,是吧?

So try to focus less on the mistakes that you're making and focus more on communicating your message clearly.

所以试着少关注你犯的那些错误,将注意力放在清晰地传达信息上。

This is going to help you to relax and focus on the positives of your conversation.

这能够帮助你放松,并且关注对话中的积极方面。

Yes I am talking about your mindset here.

是的,我现在在谈论的就是思维定式。

I'm talking about changing the way that you think about yourself.

我说的是改变你认识自己的方式。

Now that is easier to say than it is to do,

当然了,说得好总比做得好简单,

I know but the reason why I want you to shift your mindset on accuracy

我知道,但是我想让大家改变对于正确性的思维定式,

is because you need to start exposing yourself to English in real situations, right?

这是因为你们需要开始让自己接触真实情境中的英语,对吗?

So that you can get comfortable being flexible with the language.

这样你才能对英语感到更加地轻松自如。

It's what native speakers do all the time, right?

而母语者们一直都是这么做的,对吗?

We make up words to express our ideas

我们用词汇来表达我们的想法,

we end and we twist the tenses a little if we make a mistake but it doesn't really affect the meaning of our sentence.

如果我们犯错了的话,就回去进行一下修改,但那并不影响我们句子的意思。

Well we might not bother to fix it, who cares

我们可能并不想费事去修改,谁会在意呢,

when you're speaking to, you know, friends and family in particular

尤其是你在和朋友或者是家人对话的时候,

so don't get too caught up on accuracy.

所以不要太被正确性所桎梏。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交换,变化,移动,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
accuracy ['ækjurəsi]

想一想再看

n. 准确(性), 精确度

联想记忆
productivity [.prɔdʌk'tiviti]

想一想再看

n. 生产率,生产能力

联想记忆
achieve [ə'tʃi:v]

想一想再看

v. 完成,达到,实现

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
unlimited [ʌn'limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 无限的,不受控制的,无条件的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。