He had outdistanced his supply lines, left food and forage days behind with all his wagons and mules and oxen.
他完全不顾补给,把食物和草料,还有他全部的货车,骡子和驮牛统统抛在身后。
He must come to battle soon, or starve.
现在他要么速战速决,要么就只有饥饿溃散。
Catelyn sent Hal Mollen to tend to their horses while she accompanied Renly back to the royal pavilion at the heart of the encampment.
凯特琳吩咐哈尔·莫兰照顾马匹,自己跟随蓝礼回到营地中央的王家大帐。
Inside the walls of green silk, his captains and lords bannermen were waiting to hear word of the parley.
在那高耸的绿丝绸帐篷内,他麾下的将领和诸侯正等着谈判的消息。
"My brother has not changed,"
“我哥还是老样子,”
their young king told them as Brienne unfastened his cloak and lifted the gold-and-jade crown from his brow.
他们年轻的国王道,同时布蕾妮为他解掉披风,自他额头除下金玉王冠。
"Castles and courtesies will not appease him, he must have blood.
“城堡和礼貌他都置之不理,他只要流血。
Well, I am of a mind to grant his wish."
那好,我很乐意替他达成愿望。”
"Your Grace, I see no need for battle here," Lord Mathis Rowan put in.
“陛下,我以为不必在此作战,”马图斯·罗宛伯爵插话。
"The castle is strongly garrisoned and well provisioned, Ser Cortnay Penrose is a seasoned commander,
“这座城堡固若金汤,供应充足,科塔奈爵士更是身经百战的老战士,
and the trebuchet has not been built that could breach the walls of Storm's End.
何况全天下有什么地方造得出足以击垮风息堡城壁的投石机?
Let Lord Stannis have his siege.
史坦尼斯大人想围就任他围,没他好果子吃。
He will find no joy in it, and whilst he sits cold and hungry and profitless, we will take King's Landing."
而当他又饥又冷地待在这里无所事事时,我们早已拿下君临。”
"And have men say I feared to face Stannis?"
“要我从此背上惧怕史坦尼斯的骂名?”
"Only fools will say that," Lord Mathis argued.
“只有不懂事的傻瓜才这么说,”马图斯伯爵争辩。
Renly looked to the others.
蓝礼望向其他人。
"What say you all?"
“你们也这么以为?”
"I say that Stannis is a danger to you," Lord Randyll Tarly declared.
“我认为史坦尼斯对您是一大威胁,”蓝道·塔利伯爵宣称。
"Leave him unblooded and he will only grow stronger, while your own power is diminished by battle.
“让他不受伤害的留在这里,只能让他的势力增强,而您的兵力将在接连的战斗中逐次削弱。
The Lannisters will not be beaten in a day.
兰尼斯特可不是一朝一夕就能打败的,
By the time you are done with them, Lord Stannis may be as strong as you... or stronger."
等您终于击败了他们,说不定史坦尼斯大人已经变得和您一样……或许还更强。”
Others chorused their agreement.
其他人纷纷附和。
The king looked pleased.
国王看来很满意。
"We shall fight, then."
“那么,我们就开战吧。”
I have failed Robb as I failed Ned, Catelyn thought.
正如当初我让奈德失望,而今我也让罗柏失望了,凯特琳心想。
"My lord," she announced.
“大人,”她朗声道,
"If you are set on battle, my purpose here is done.
“如果您决意开战,我的使命就已告终。
I ask your leave to return to Riverrun."
请准许我返回奔流城。”
"You do not have it."
“哎,眼下您不能走。”
Renly seated himself on a camp chair.
蓝礼找张折椅坐下。
She stiffened.
她楞住了。
"I had hoped to help you make a peace, my lord.
“我带着打造和平的愿望而来,大人,
I will not help you make a war."
并非前来助阵。”
Renly gave a shrug.
蓝礼耸耸肩,