He opened the yellow envelope, and then, glancing at the message, threw it across to me.
他打开那黄色信封看了一下电报内容,就把它扔给我。
"Just look up the trains in Bradshaw," said he, and turned back to his chemical studies.
"马上查一下开往布雷德肖的火车时刻,"他说,接着就转身又去搞他的化学研究。
The summons was a brief and urgent one.
这个召唤既简短又紧急。
Please be at the Black Swan Hotel at Winchester at midday tomorrow (it said). Do come! I am at my wit's end. Hunter.
(这封电报说)明天中午请到温切斯特黑天鹅旅馆。一定要来!我已经智穷计尽了。亨特。
"Will you come with me?" asked Holmes, glancing up.
"你愿意跟我一起去吗?"福尔摩斯抬起眼睛看了我一下问道。
"I should wish to."
"我愿意去。"
"Just look it up, then."
"那么就查一下火车时刻表。"
"There is a train at half-past nine," said I, glancing over my Bradshaw.
"九点半有一班车,"我查看着我要找的布雷德肖。
"It is due at Winchester at 11:30."
"十一点半到达温切斯特。"
"That will do very nicely.
"这倒正合适。
Then perhaps I had better postpone my analysis of the acetones, as we may need to be at our best in the morning."
那么,我也许最好还是将我的丙酮分析推迟一下,因为明天早上我们的精神体力都要处于最佳状态才行。"