"Ah," said Renly. "So we have the word of a dead man."
“啊哈,”蓝礼道,“所以我们的证据在一个死人的嘴里。”
"Do you think he died by happenstance, you purblind fool?
“你以为他真是偶然病逝,你这不长眼睛的蠢货?
Cersei had him poisoned, for fear he would reveal her.
瑟曦毒死了他!惟恐他揭发她的丑行。
Lord Jon had been gathering certain proofs—"
琼恩大人已经搜集到确凿的证据,那些证据无疑——”
"—which doubtless died with him. How inconvenient."
“——和他一起进了棺材。你瞧,多为难呀。”
Catelyn was remembering, fitting pieces together.
凯特琳开始明白了,她试着将碎片拼凑起来。
"My sister Lysa accused the queen of killing her husband in a letter she sent me at Winterfell," she admitted.
“我妹妹莱莎在一封送到临冬城的密信里指控王后谋杀了她丈夫,”她承认,
"Later, in the Eyrie, she laid the murder at the feet of the queen's brother Tyrion."
“其后,在鹰巢城,她又把这项指控转嫁到王后的弟弟提利昂身上。”
Stannis snorted. "If you step in a nest of snakes, does it matter which one bites you first?"
史坦尼斯哼了一声,“若你掉进毒蛇窝,被哪条先咬到有什么区别?”
"All this of snakes and incest is droll, but it changes nothing.
“这些毒蛇呀乱伦呀都挺有趣,但什么也改变不了。
You may well have the better claim, Stannis, but I still have the larger army."
说到底,你的要求的确更合理合法,史坦尼斯,不过我的军队却多得多。”
Renly's hand slid inside his cloak.
蓝礼把手伸进披风下。
Stannis saw, and reached at once for the hilt of his sword, but before he could draw steel his brother produced... a peach.
史坦尼斯见状立刻握紧剑柄,不过在拔剑之前他弟弟却拿出了……一颗桃子。
"Would you like one, brother?" Renly asked, smiling.
“要来一个吗,老哥?”蓝礼一脸笑意地发问,
"From Highgarden. You've never tasted anything so sweet, I promise you."
“高庭产的哦,我保证,你从没尝过这么可口的东西。”
He took a bit. Juice ran from the corner of his mouth.
他咬了一口,汁液从嘴角流下。
"I did not come here to eat fruit." Stannis was fuming.
“我不是来吃水果的。”史坦尼斯怒不可遏。
"My lords!" Catelyn said.
“大人们!”凯特琳高喊,
"We ought to be hammering out the terms of an alliance, not trading taunts."
“我们应该协力打造联盟,而不是恶言相交啊。”
"A man should never refuse to taste a peach,"
“一个人实在不该拒绝品尝新桃子,”
Renly said as he tossed the stone away.
蓝礼边扔掉果核边评论。
"He may never get the chance again. Life is short, Stannis.
“谁知道以后还有没有机会?人生苦短啊,史坦尼斯。
Remember what the Starks say. Winter is coming."
知道史塔克家怎么说吗?凛冬将至啊。”
He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
他用手背擦掉嘴边的果汁。
"I did not come here to be threatened, either."
“我也不是来听你威胁的。”
"Nor were you," Renly snapped back.
“我可没威胁你,”蓝礼反击,
"When I make threats, you'll know it.
“如果发出威胁,我会堂堂正正。
If truth be told, I've never liked you, Stannis, but you are my own blood, and I have no wish to slay you.
说真的,我从来没有喜欢过你,史坦尼斯,可你毕竟是我的手足,我一点也不想伤害你。
So if it is Storm's End you want, take it... as a brother's gift.
所以啦,如果你要的是风息堡,就拿去吧……权当兄弟之间的馈赠。
As Robert once gave it to me, I give it to YOU."
就像劳勃当初赐予我一样,如今我将它赐予你。”
"It is not yours to give. It is mine by rights."
“轮不到你来赐予。照权利它本就属于我。”