"Oh, you may carry that feeling away with you.
"啊,你可以带着这种想法前去。
I assure you that your little problem promises to be the most interesting which has come my way for some months.
我向你保证,你的小难题有可能成为我几个月最饶有兴趣的事。
There is something distinctly novel about some of the features.
这里有一些特征,显然是很奇怪的。
If you should find yourself in doubt or in danger..."
如果你自己感到疑虑或遇见了危险..."
"Danger! What danger do you foresee?"
"危险?你预见到有什么危险?"
Holmes shook his head gravely. "It would cease to be a danger if we could define it," said he.
福尔摩斯严肃地摇摇他的头,"如果我们能够确定它,那就不成其为危险了。"
"But at any time, day or night, a telegram would bring me down to your help."
他说,"但是不论什么时候,白天或是夜晚,打个电报我就马上来帮助你。"
"That is enough." She rose briskly from her chair with the anxiety all swept from her face.
"这就够了,"她活泼地从座椅上站起来,面部的忧容一扫而光。
"I shall go down to Hampshire quite easy in my mind now.
"我现在就可以安心到汉普郡去了。
I shall write to Mr. Rucastle at once, sacrifice my poor hair tonight, and start for Winchester tomorrow."
我会马上写信回复鲁卡斯尔先生的,今天晚上就把我可怜的头发剪掉,明天早晨就动身到温切斯特去。"
With a few grateful words to Holmes she bade us both good-night and bustled off upon her way.
她对福尔摩斯说了几句感谢的话后,就向我们俩道晚安告别,急忙走了出去。
"At least," said I as we heard her quick, firm steps descending the stairs,
"至少,"当我们听到她以敏捷、坚定的步伐走下楼梯时我说,
"she seems to be a young lady who is very well able to take care of herself."
"她好像是一位很会照顾自己的年轻姑娘。"
"And she would need to be," said Holmes gravely. "I am much mistaken if we do not hear from her before many days are past."
"她正需要这样,"福尔摩斯严肃地说。"如果我们许多天后还听不到她的消息的话,我就是大错特错了。"