This time I was invited to attend a sushi event
这次我应邀参加了一个寿司活动,
and see two of Tokyo's top sushi chefs go head-to-head by presenting their own original sushi.
见证两位东京顶级寿司大厨亲自展示他们自制寿司的原汁原味。
Now, I've never been the type of person who feels the need to experience high-end sushi.
我从来不是那种觉得有必要体验高端寿司的人。
However, after tasting this you really realized the difference between the quality.
然而,尝过这些后,你真的会意识到质量的不同。
And after seeing how passionate and serious the chefs are about sushi,
看到厨师们对寿司的热情和认真之后,
and makes you realize that sushi is more than just rice and raw flesh,
你会意识到寿司不仅是米饭和生肉,
but a piece of delicate artwork thathas taken years and years to master.
而是一件需要多年才能掌握的精致艺术品。
The two sushi chefs that came together for this event both on famous, well-known sushi restaurants in Tokyo.
两位寿司大厨齐聚东京著名的寿司餐厅。
And we were all brought to the secret shop that had a very unique concept.
我们都被带到一家有着独特理念的神秘店铺。
The true charm about this shop is that you can come in here alone and just focus on the sushi,
这家店的真正魅力在于,你可以独自一人来,只需专注于寿司,
by not talking to the people around you, but simply just taking in the atmosphere, taste of the food and music.
不必和周围的人交谈,而只是简单地感受气氛、食物的味道和音乐。
The shop is dimmed so that the spotlight is only on the food.
店铺的灯暗下来,聚光灯只打在食物上。
First up, it was Kimura sushi and what's different Kimura sushi compared to the other 20 Michelin sushi restaurant in Tokyo
首先是木村寿司,木村寿司与东京其他20家米其林寿司餐厅的不同之处在于,
is that he serves aged fish sushi.
它提供陈鱼寿司。
What is aged sushi?
什么是陈鱼寿司?
Aging fish for sushi is the same as decomposition.
陈鱼寿司就像是分解。
The parts of the fish where we don't like or think smells bad is the decomposition.
我们不喜欢或认为气味不好的部分是分解体。
Those parts that humans don't like, we remove it cleanly and that's where the aging fish part comes in.
人们不喜欢这些部分,我们会把它清除干净,这就是陈鱼部分的由来。
So basically we get rid of all the parts of the fish we don't actually need and leave the delicious part to age the fish.
基本上来说,我们把鱼不需要的部分都去掉,剩下美味的部分做成陈鱼。
So here is me trying my first ever aged sushi.
这是我第一次尝陈鱼寿司。
And because I wanted to respect the chef's work and the atmosphere, I don't feel myself talking in this video.
因为我想尊重厨师的工作和氛围,所以我不想在视频中说话了。
So you have to stay close me and my narration for now.
你现在必须仔细跟着我,看我的旁白了。
The concentration he had in his eyes when he was making sushi really tells you
他做寿司时眼睛里的专注告诉你,
that he's not playing around and that he is going to deliver the best sushi you ever held.
他不是在玩闹,他要为你送上最好吃的寿司。
Some of these fish were aged only for few days.
有些鱼只腌制了几天。
Yet some of these were aged up to a month.
而有些则长达一个月。
But the biggest difference I felt was that the aging fish had a lot more saltiness and flavor to it.
但我觉得最大的不同是,陈鱼咸味更重,味道也更浓郁。
And no fishy smell or aftertaste which I really enjoyed.
没有鱼腥味,我真的很喜欢。
And now we have sushi Numba.
现在我们尝试南波寿司。
Numba San prepared a very unique and traditional Atalaya sushi that has been passed down generation to generation.
南波准备了一种非常独特的传统寿司,这种寿司世代相传。
Sushi Numba is a small 12-seat of sushi restaurant located in the local suburb of Tokyo.
南波寿司是一家拥有12个座位的小寿司餐馆,位于东京近郊。
The restaurant has been running for over 50 years just by word of mouth and a friend introduction.
仅凭口碑和朋友介绍,这家餐厅已经经营了50多年。
However this time Numba San said to me that it was okay for me to share his shop with you all here.
不过,这次南波告诉我,我可以和你们分享他的店铺。
What I liked about Numba San sushi was that he puts a little twist on the normal sushi and makes it in his own way.
我喜欢南波寿司的地方是,他在普通寿司上加了一点小花样,用自己的方式制作。
Also, it had a generous fish portion compared to rice.
而且,与米饭相比,鱼的分量也很多。
So you could really taste the freshness of the fish.
这样你才能真正尝到鱼的鲜味。
The thing I want to mention to you or the most was that Numba San made me change my opinion about sea urchin.
我最想和你说的是,南波寿司让我改变了对海胆的看法。
And now I realize that that is actually good quality sea urchin I can actually enjoy.
现在我意识到,这是我可以真正享用的优质海胆。
Thank you for the meal.
感谢你们提供的晚餐。