手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

雕刻巨型雕塑是种怎样的体验?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

A lot of the work is quite repetitive.

很多工作都是重复性的。

The pleats took about two months to do.

打褶花了大约两个月的时间。

Probably did those eyes 10 times.

那双眼睛花的时间大概是打褶的10倍。

Even the texture of the skin.

打磨皮肤的肤感花的时间就更长了。

They're graceful, dancing, which I wanted to portray.

优雅的,灵动的雕像,就是我想画出来的效果。

That's the whole goal, is to make them feel like they're gonna swim away.

这也是我(雕刻这些动物)的总体目标,要让它们能给人一种马上就要游走了的感觉。

I'm Stephen Kesler, also known as Tusk.

我叫斯蒂芬·凯斯勒,也叫图斯克。

I'm a large-scale wildlife sculptor.

我是一名大型野生动物雕刻师。

I found sculpture a little later in life.

我结识雕塑结识得比较晚。

In my late 30s.

那会儿我都快40了。

Moving from one career to the other, especially into the art world,

从一个行业转到另一个行业,尤其是转到艺术行业,

that's totally scary and foolish thing to do.

绝对是一件非常可怕且愚蠢的事情。

I don't think I had an option after I started sculpting.

在我看来,走上雕刻这条路以后我就没有退路了。

I think my life was going to be it, no matter what I did.

就觉得不管我做什么,我的生活最后都是这样了。

Sculpture as a whole has inspired me.

总的来说,是雕塑给了我灵感。

I mean it's a 24 hour thing for me.

我的意思是,雕塑对我来说是一份全天候的工作。

Sleep just gets in the way, almost.

睡觉都算是浪费时间那种感觉。

When I'm out, doing day-to-day things, not being here, it's always running through my head.

就算我出去处理那些日常问题不在这儿,我也会一直想着这事儿。

I don't know if I'd personally call myself a daydreamer, but I could probably be labeled one.

是否会自称空想家我自己并不太确定,但我可能会被大家贴上这个标签。

There is definitely a calming with clay.

玩弄黏土绝对能起到凝神静气的作用。

I usually work 12 hours, for three days straight.

我一般会工作12个小时,连续工作3天。

3

Being able to realize what I want in it, quickly,

能够很快地意识到我想要什么,

it just seems like it works together with how I process.

这点和我的工作内容貌似还蛮契合的。

I've been involved with making three life size giraffes, 40 foot whale shark, four Manta rays,

我参与雕刻了3只实际大小的长颈鹿,一头40英尺长(约12米)的鲸鲨,4只蝠鲼,

and we're working on this 30 foot iguana behind me.

最近这段时间我们在雕刻的是我身后这只30英尺(约9米)长的鬣蜥。

The humpback whales took roughly nine months.

那几头座头鲸差不多花了我们9个月的时间。

The inspiration to do these pieces for the aquarium was because Utah is a landlocked state.

激发我们为水族馆打造这些雕塑的灵感是犹他州是一个内陆州。

There's a limited number of people who see these in real life anyways.

不管怎么说,在这边,在现实生活中亲眼看到过这些动物的人还是比较少的。

To be able to be in the same room, feel the size of it.

(我就想让大家)能够和这些动物同处一个房间之内,感受它们的个头。

Hopefully there's an energy to it.

希望这样的体验能给大家带来一种能量吧。

And hopefully inspire conservation acts, because of it.

也希望这些雕塑能激励有关部门出台相应的保护法案。

If someone says, "Oh, I can't sculpt."

如果有人说,“啊,我不会雕刻。”

I said, "Have you tried? Buy it."

我会说,“你试过了吗?试试吧。”

You know, you never know what's gonna happen.

结果怎样你永远也猜不到。

Open the box of clay.

打开一盒粘土。

See what's in it, you know?

看看能抹个什么出来,

There might be a humpback whale in the future.

说不定就抹出一头座头鲸来了呢?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
graceful ['greisfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 优雅的

 
shark [ʃɑ:k]

想一想再看

n. 鲨鱼
n. 贪婪的人,放高利贷的人,老手

 
sculptor ['skʌlptə]

想一想再看

n. 雕刻家

联想记忆
landlocked ['lændlɔkt]

想一想再看

adj. 陆地包围的,内陆水域的

 
calming

想一想再看

adj. 平静的 n. 镇定,平静 v. 平静下来(ca

 
sculpt [skʌlpt]

想一想再看

vt. 雕刻 n. 雕刻,雕塑,雕刻品,雕塑品

 
repetitive [ri'petitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 重复的

 
portray [pɔ:'trei]

想一想再看

vt. 描写,描绘,饰演

 
clay [klei]

想一想再看

n. 粘土,泥土
n. (人的)肉体

 
limited ['limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有限的,被限制的
动词limit的过

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。