It definitely makes sense to focus on lessons, books and teachers that use one type of English.
专注于使用同一种类型英语的课程、书籍和授课老师当然是非常有用的。
It just makes it a little less confusing while you're learning.
这会让你的学习过程没有那么令人困惑。
So focus on either British or American English but remember that the other one exists.
所以专攻英式英语或者美式英语,但是要记住确实有另一种英语的存在。
You don't have to choose one and then never, ever, ever use the other.
你没必要选择了一种以后就再也不使用另外一种了。
In fact, that's almost impossible!
事实上,那几乎不可能。
And also one is not more important than the other.
而且二者之间没有重要性的差别。
But for you, there is probably one that is more relevant to your situation.
但是对你而言,可能有一种会和你自身的情况比较贴合。
And that's the one that you should focus on – that you should study.
那就是你应该专攻的那一种。
Another question that I often get asked is..
我经常被问到的另外一个问题就是……
What type of English do I use?
我使用的是什么类型的英语?
Well I'm Australian and here in Australia we follow British English rules for spelling and grammar.
我是澳大利亚人,现在居住在澳大利亚,我们会遵循英式英语的拼写和语法
And that's actually true for most English-speaking countries outside of America.
除了美国之外的其他英语国家基本上都是这样的。
Of course, all English-speaking countries have some unique vocabulary and slang
当然了,所有的英语国家都有一些各具特色的词汇和俚语,
so there will be different words that you come across that are used for the same thing.
所以你会遇到不同的单词来描述同一个事物。
Now if you want some examples of that then check out this video right here.
如果你想看一些例子的话,可以查看这边的视频。
Finally, it's important for you to know that there are some native English speakers who get very protective about their language
最后,你要知道有一些英语母语者对于自己的母语非常“爱护有加”,
and they will argue about which way is right and which way is wrong.
他们经常会争论哪种是正确的,哪种是错误的。
But most of you, you don't need to worry about this conversation and these arguments and discussions about whose English is better or whose English is right or wrong.
但是你们之中的大多数人并不需要担心这些关于谁的英语更好,谁的英语是正确的类似争论。
What's important for you, is that you keep building your English skills and you practise communicating clearly and confidently.
对你们而言,重要的是不断增强自己的英语技能,不断练习更加清晰自信的交流技巧。
Accept that there are different types of English and that's no reason to get stressed or anxious.
接受世界上有不同类型英语的这个事实,没必要感到压力或者焦虑。
It just is how it is.
本来就是这样的。
The most important thing is that you focus on communicating your ideas and your feelings clearly in English.
最重要的是你们要专注于用英文清晰地交流你们的观点和感受。
But I do think that it's important to know what the differences between British and American English are so that you know how to recognise them.
但是我觉得知道英式英语和美式英语之间的区别还是挺重要的,这样你们就知道怎么进行识别了。
So in my next lesson, I'll explain the main differences with lots of examples
所以在我的下节课程中,我会以具体事例解释其中主要的区别,
so make sure you subscribe by clicking that button down there.
所以别忘了点击下面的按钮订阅哦。
You'll find out as soon as that video is ready!
视频发布之后,你们就会知道答案啦!
And in the meantime, you can check out these lessons, right here, where I'll be speaking with some other native speakers with American and British accents.
同时你们可以查看一下这些课程,就在这边,我会和一些美式口音和英式口音的英语母语者进行交流。
So thanks for watching and I will see you again next week.
感谢收看,下周见。
Bye for now!
再见!