"Three, two, one! Blastoff!"
“三,二,一!发射!”
"Please welcome our first trapeze in the air, the Fabulous Flying Bell!"
“欢迎我们第一场空中飞人表演——绝妙的飞铃!”
"There's a certain feeling of adrenaline once you get up there in the air.
“一旦你飞到空中,就会有种兴奋的感觉。
It's a feeling unlike any other.
那种感觉和其他任何感觉都不一样。
You feel power, you feel like you're in control.
你会感觉自己很强大,感觉一切尽在掌握。
You feel special.
会感觉自己很特别。
That's what makes trapeze beautiful.
这就是空中飞人表演的魅力所在。
That's what makes the circus beautiful."
也是马戏团的魅力所在。”
"My name is Kristin Finley and I'm a trapeze artist.
“我叫克里斯汀·芬利,我是一名空中飞人演员。
15 years ago I was working for a brewery in Los Angeles.
15年前,我还在洛杉矶的一家啤酒厂工作。
I had a great life making great money.
日子过得很滋润,也赚了不少钱。
I had, you know, my Lexus and I had a house.
买了雷克萨斯,也买了房。
I was only, you know, 24 years old."
那时我才24岁。”
"A friend of mine told me that she was flying trapeze.
“后来一个朋友说她在玩空中飞人。
And I said what are you doing?
我说那是啥?
I want to come watch.
我想来看看哎。
I ended up taking a class and I was hooked.
后来我就去上了一堂课,然后就上瘾了。
It was addictive right away.
而且是立马就上瘾了。
And I quit my life in L.A and I joined the circus."
我放弃了在洛杉矶的生活,加入了马戏团。”
"I went from good pay to zero pay.
“收入从高薪变成了零。
Just had to give everything up pretty much overnight and here we are 15 years later.
基本上是一夜之间放弃了之前拥有的一切,15年后,我们终于有了今天。
I never looked back and I've been on the road ever since."
那以后我就一直在路上,从来没有回过头。”
"To run away and join the circus, it takes commitment.
“出走然后加入马戏团是需要决心的。
You have to be ready for anything.
你得做好各种心理准备。
You have to kind of live on your toes because you never know what's going to happen.
你必须要小心谨慎,因为你永远不知道未来会是怎样。
Your own personal space, your RV or whatever, that's your home.
你自己的私人空间,房车什么的,就是你的家。
And that's what has to be stable inside.
所以那个空间内部的陈设一定要是恒定的。
Whenever you're flying trapeze, you have to focus on what you're doing.
表演空中飞人节目的时候,你得把心思都集中在你的动作上。
And the moment you doubt yourself in the middle of a trick,
一旦你在表演途中对自己产生了怀疑,
most likely you're gonna mess up, you're not gonna make it.
那你很有可能就会搞砸,这样子是没法儿完成表演的。
The fact that I was able to do it made it more appealing to me.
我有表演空中飞人的能力,这点使得它对我更有吸引力了。
And I'm doing these tricks and they're harder, and they're harder, and this is awesome.
我能表演这些技巧,还能不断地挑战新的难度,这感觉超爽。
Whatever you want to do in your wildest dreams, do it.
无论你有怎样大胆的梦想,行动就对了。
Anything's possible.
一切皆有可能。
There's not too many African American female circus performers, but I was still able to do it.
在马戏团当杂技演员的非裔女性并不是很多,但我照样做到了。
Your life is what you make of it and I wouldn't change my life for the world.
你的生活是由你自己决定的,我不会改变我的生活,哪怕你给我整个世界让我交换。
I really wouldn't."
我也坚决不换。”