手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

一品红叶子还能检测PH值?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, guys.

老铁们好。

Laci and Anthony here for dnews.

我们是Laci和Anthony,欢迎大家收看本期dnews视频。

We've been doing holiday experiments over the last couple days if you haven't been checking it out.

过去几天我们一直在做假期实验,如果你还没看到的话。

And now the holidays are over, there's probably a lot of decorative stuff...That's right...

如今,假期就要结束了,大家可能会有很多装饰品……没错……。

Around in your house.

在家。

Like some Poinsettias plant.

比如一品红什么的。

So we're gonna show you how to actually make litmus paper out of a Poinsettias.

今天我们就来教大家怎么用一品红做石蕊试纸。

Right. And if you've never heard a litmus paper, basically it's so that you can test the PH of any given substance.

没错,如果你还没听说过石蕊试纸的话,那我可以告诉你,石蕊试纸就是测试任何东西的PH值用的那个东西。

So in case you're hanging out around the house, be like, "Gee, I wonder what the PH of my coffee is.”

万一你在家闲得无聊,突然好奇,“哎,不知道这杯咖啡的PH值会是多少呢?”

Boom! You're done.

砰!搞定。

It happens to me all the time.

这种事就经常发生在我身上。

What you're gonna do is take, look at these leaves, take, take a good chunk of leaves.

你要做的就是摘,摘一些一品红叶子,多摘一点。

Yeah, just take a few leaves and then you want to cut them up.

没错,摘几片叶子,然后给它剪碎。

Basically, we're going to be steeping these leaves just like tea.

操作差不多就是像泡茶一样把这些叶子给它泡一泡。

So once you've got these broken up, you want to put them into a container.

把它们都剪好了之后就给它们装起来。

And we're gonna steep them.

接下里我们就要开泡了。

So we have some boiling water.

我们已经准备好了一些开水。

You could stick it in a microwave.

大家也可以用冷水然后放到微波炉里叮一下。

Whatever works.

随便什么办法,只要管用就行。

And basically, the amount of time you want to leave these in here is just until the solution is turned totally red,

浸泡多久呢?浸泡到溶液完全变红,

or until the leaves don't have any color anymore.

或者叶子完全脱色了就可以。

We did one for 20 minutes and it worked.

有一回我们泡了20分钟,效果非常不错。

It really just kind of depends on how many leads you got in there.

其实真正需要泡多久还要取决于你弄了多少叶子。

Once it's soaked and these all the colors gone for these, you can just pour this into it like this.

等浸泡充分,所有的颜色都从叶子上脱落了以后,我们就可以把它倒出来了。

Strain it out.

把它过滤出来。

Because what we're after is just that water with all the stuff that creates the pigmentation in the Poinsettias.

因为我们要的是这个汁儿,一品红的颜色都在这个汁儿里。

And we actually have some of the solution right here.

其实我们已经准备好了一份过滤完的溶液了。

So, our litmus paper is gonna be made out of coffee filters.

接下来,我们就用咖啡过滤纸来做石蕊试纸。

So what you want to do is to merge this in your Poinsettias elixir.

我们要做的就是把它浸到你的一品红丹药里。

And let that soak.

让它喝饱水。

Ok. absorbed.

差不多了,已经都浸到了。

After you soak those for a while, you actually want to dry them out.

等浸泡一段时间之后还要把它拿出来晾干。

Yep. A little bit.

没错。得晾一会儿。

Let them dry, you can, you can put them in a microwave for about a minute and should come out...A little drier...Yeah.

等它们晾干。你可以,你可以把它们放在微波炉里叮大约一分钟,然后拿出来…就会稍微干一点…是的。

Whatever, something looking like this.

反正差不多就是这个样子就可以了。

3

Yep, nice and crispy again and then these are going to make up your litmus strips.

是的,看着就比较干比较脆就可以了,接下来,我们就要做石蕊试纸条了。

So we're gonna cut them into little strips.

我们要把它们剪成小条。

And then we have a basic solution.

然后准备一杯碱性溶液。

And acidic solution that we're gonna be testing.

再准备一杯酸性溶液,一会儿做测试用。

Yeah. So you can do this at home with...

没错,大家在家做这个实验的时候可以用……

This is just baking soda and water.

这里面就是小苏打和水。

And this is vinegar.

这里面是醋。

You can also do it with lemon juice.

你也可以换成柠檬水。

And now we'll see if it worked.

现在我们就来看看是不是真的管用。

So this is the.....That is the base...basic solution.

这个是……那是碱性溶液……碱性溶液

Let's see, should turn...

我们来看看,应该会变……

Boom! Boom! Blue.

砰!砰!变蓝色了。

Looking good.

还不错。

And here we have acidic solution.

这一杯是酸性溶液。

Look at that...It's a little less dramatic because the acids are more towards the red side of the spectrum.

看……好像不是很明显哈,酸的话应该比较接近红色。

Right. It's already red.

嗯。已经变红色的了。

But look at the bottom there, you can see the, the liquid.

但看下面的话,是可以看到的。

There's like a bunch of red down here.

下面已经变红了。

And you can tell.

是可以看得到的。

That is an acidic solution.

这就表示溶液是酸性溶液。

So this is sort of a fun little experiment that you can do at home.

是不是还挺好玩儿的,大家也可以在家做。

You can test out all the different liquids in your cabinets, in your fridge and you can see what the PH of all of them are.

你可以测试橱柜啊冰箱里各种液体,看他们的PH值都是什么样。

We did a much more dangerous enough, not low-key, experiment...

我们还做了一个危险得多,不是那么低调的实验……

Not low-key at all.

一点儿也不低调。

We were mixing chemicals and fire and everything that you really shouldn't mix.

我们做了把各种化学品混到一起啊,燃烧啊,把各种不应该混到一起的东西混到一起的实验。

So check that out.

大家快去看呀。

And then we also made some crystal snowflake ornaments.

我们还做了装饰用的水晶雪花。

That are actually growing crystals.

真的是水晶做的噢。

Yeah. So that's cool. Check them out. Check them out.

没错,真的很酷。快去看,快去看。

And be sure you subscribe so you can get more dnews updates in the future.

记得订阅哦,这样以后就可以随时看到我们的更新啦。

We'll see you later guys.

老铁们,下期见啦。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
crystal ['kristl]

想一想再看

n. 水晶,晶体
adj. 晶体的,透明的

 
substance ['sʌbstəns]

想一想再看

n. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产

联想记忆
steep [sti:p]

想一想再看

adj. 陡峭的,险峻的,(价格)过高的
n.

联想记忆
soaked [səukt]

想一想再看

adj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词

 
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆
absorbed [əb'sɔ:bd]

想一想再看

adj. 一心一意的;被吸收的 v. 吸收;使全神贯注(

 
strain [strein]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉紧,血统
v. 劳累,拉紧,过份

 
spectrum ['spektrəm]

想一想再看

n. 光谱,范围,系列

联想记忆
boom [bu:m]

想一想再看

n. 繁荣,低沉声,帆杠,水栅
vi. 急速增

联想记忆
merge [mə:dʒ]

想一想再看

v. 合并,融合,兼并

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。