手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

用野苹果酿出的苹果酒味道如何?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"When you find a tree that has an apple in it and just discovering new varieties.

“当你发现一棵树上结了苹果,碰巧还是个新品种会是什么感觉?

It's just, I mean, I live for that."

我就是专门干这个的。”

"I'm Andy Brennan.

“我是安迪·布伦南。

My wife and I, we around our town and we forage for wild apples

我和我妻子,我们就绕着我们这个镇子四处转,到处找野苹果,

and we make it into a series of ciders based on where the apples are located."

然后根据它们所在的位置把它们制成各种苹果酒。

"You sell at the Gramercy Tavern?"

“你的酒是在格拉梅西酒馆卖吗?”

"Yeah, yeah Gramercy Tavern, um, which I've only eaten at once.

“是的,没错,是在格拉梅西酒馆卖,嗯,他们家的东西我其实就吃过一次。

I know it's famous and especially their wine menu is somewhat famous."

我知道他们家很有名气,尤其是他们的酒单。”

"Having cider made from wild-foraged fruit is really unusual,

“用从野外摘来的水果酿苹果酒还挺少见的,

something that can only be done in very small amounts.

这种就只能非常小批量地生产。

What comes out of the bottle is really special."

但酿出来的味道是真的别致。”

"We go out into the woods.

“我们会到树林里去摘。

We go to places where apples are not at all influenced by human cultivation.

我们去的那些地方的苹果都是没有受过人类栽培技术影响的苹果。

3

We're searching the woods and sometimes it's difficult to find the trees.

我们就在那些林子里到处找,有的时候就很难找到。

And If the light doesn't hit the silver in the trunk just right, you may not even know it's an apple tree.

如果光没有刚好照到苹果树树干上的银灰色树皮,你可能都发现不了那是一棵苹果树。

You're in luck when you find not just one or two, but a whole forest of trees which sometimes does exist.

运气好的时候你发现的就不止是一两棵苹果树,而是一整片的苹果树树林,这种情况也是真实存在的。

What I love is discovering varieties that are just so peculiar.

我喜欢的是发现那些特别奇特的品种。

You would never find 'em in a grocery store.

那些大家在超市看不到的品种。

The other day we found an apple that has red flesh, so you bite into it and it just looks like a pomegranate.

我们那天就发现了一个果肉是红色的苹果,一口咬开里面就跟石榴一样。

They're telling us, 'Process.'

他们跟我们说,‘打(成汁)吧。’

It takes about four hours to grind and press enough juice to fill a barrel.

研磨并榨出满满一桶的果汁大约需要四个小时。

I think of those barrels as bears.

在我眼里,那些桶都是一只只的熊。

It's hibernating.

它们都在冬眠。

Nine months after you collected the apples, that's when it's ready."

采摘回来发酵九个月就能喝了。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
grind [graind]

想一想再看

vt. 磨,碾碎,挤压,压迫
vi. 磨得吱吱

 
trunk [trʌŋk]

想一想再看

n. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱

 
unusual [ʌn'ju:ʒuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不平常的,异常的

联想记忆
cultivation [.kʌlti'veiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 教化,培养,耕作

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。