Most of these people have a sense of what they call "ichi gai" -
他们中的大多数有这么一个叫做ichi gai的感觉,
in other words, something that gives their life a sense of meaning, coherence, purpose -
换句话说,给了他们一些生活的意义,目标,意志,
something that gets them out of bed in the mornings,
给了他们早晨起床后做的事,
something that they look forward to doing.
一些他们期待的事。
You know whether it's your gardening - whether it's a volunteer activity,
不论是园艺,不论是义工活动,
whatever these older people are involved in - it's meaningful to them.
不管这些老人是否参与,对他们都是有意义的。
Without that, it makes ageing successfully difficult.
没有这些,健康长寿是做不到的。
We're going to the first house that I can ever remember...
我们即将去的第一间房子是我终生难忘的……
...and just on the right-hand side here,
就在右手边,
there's these modern houses now...
现在有了这些现代的房子……
...but that's 230- and it's still 230-
那是230号,这里还是230号——
and that was where I used to stay, up at the top flat,
那是我以前曾经住过的,在公寓的顶楼,
but it didn't look like that when I came here.
看上去不象当年我在的时候了。
It was... just dirtier and greyer looking.
不过看上去更肮脏,更灰暗。
I have great memories.
我的记忆很好的。
Some sad ones, obviously.
明显有些难过。
When my dad died, I remember...
我父亲去世时,我记得,
I remember being locked in a bathroom
我记得被关在浴室里,
and I could see people passing by with a big, big box
我看到人们跟着一个大盒子,
and... I didn't know what it was at the time, but it was my dad.
那时我还不知道那是什么,然而却是我的父亲。
Forty-seven he was.
他去世时只有47岁。