So, the iPod. Now I wanna go back to this market share data.
这是iPod。现在我要回到这份市场份额数据。
This 31% market share that I bet will go up when we see the December numbers,
我打赌,当我们看到12月份的数据时,31%的市场份额还将会上升,
but I wanna drill down into this a little bit more.
但我想再深度探讨一下这个数据。
So we look at this, and the iPods got a 31% market share of the entire MP3 market.
看一下这个图,iPod在整个MP3市场中占有31%的市场份额。
But what's the rest of the market?
那市场中的其他份额呢?
Well, the biggest chunk is flash players.
最大的份额占有者是闪存类播放器。
There's a zillion of them, but they all add up to about another 60% of the market.
这样的播放器不计其数,但它们加在一块儿,占有另外60%多的市场份额。
And half of that, we look at as the high-end flash market, or coincidentally about another 31%.
其中一半我们视为高端闪存市场,巧合的是,高端闪存市场也占有31%的市场份额。
These are flash players that sell between a hundred and two hundred dollars.
这些是高端闪存播放器售价在100到200美元之间。
And then there's about an equal 31%, that's a low-end flash market, flash players that sell under a hundred dollars.
而另外的31%,则是低端闪存市场,这些闪存播放器售价在100美元以下。
And then the other is 7%, these are mostly other hard disk players that were in the process of, of eliminating with the iPod.
另外的7%大多是硬盘播放器,它们正处于被iPod淘汰的过程中。
So, now we look at this, this high-end flash market, and we wanna, we wanna go after that.
所以,现在我们要仔细看一下这个高端闪存市场,我们想要对其进行追赶。
It's really interesting.
有件事非常有趣。
The under hundred dollar flash players get, usually put in a drawer and not used, because they really only hold 15 songs.
那些价格不到100美元的闪存播放器,通常会被放在抽屉里不用,因为它们只能存15首歌。
The high-end flash players, if you pay two hundred dollars, they hold about 60 songs.
而高端闪存播放器,如果你花了200美元,可以存放60首歌。
If you pay close to a hundred dollars, they hold 30 songs.
如果你买的是100多美元的,那么就只能存30首歌。
And people either do one of two things.
人们一般会在下面两种选择中选其中一种。
They either get a new memory card for it, right, and spend usually over 200 bucks total to bring it up to 60 songs,
他们要么买一张新的存储卡,对吧,这样一来基本上总共要花掉超过200美元,才能存到60首歌,
or they put it in the drawer and don't use it.
要么就是把它扔进抽屉里不用了。