"I shall come up and help you to teach sometimes," she added.
“有时我会上来帮你教书,”她补充说。
"It will be a change for me to visit you now and then; and I like a change.
“这么时时来看看你,对我也可以换换口味,而我喜欢换口味。
Mr. Rivers, I have been so gay during my stay at S----.
里弗斯先生,我呆在S市的时候非常愉快。
Last night, or rather this morning, I was dancing till two o'clock.
昨天晚上,或者说今天早晨,我跳舞一直跳到两点。
The -th regiment are stationed there since the riots; and the officers are the most agreeable men in the world:
那,那个,——自从骚乱以后,那个团一直驻扎在那里,而军官们是世上最讨人喜欢的人,
they put all our young knife-grinders and scissor merchants to shame."
他们使我们所有年青的磨刀制剪商相形见绌。
It seemed to me that Mr. St. John's under lip protruded, and his upper lip curled a moment.
我好像觉得圣·约翰先生的下唇突了出来,上唇卷起了一会儿。
His mouth certainly looked a good deal compressed, and the lower part of his face unusually stern and square, as the laughing girl gave him this information.
这位哈哈笑着的姑娘告诉他这些情况时,他的嘴看上去紧抿着,下半个脸异乎寻常地严肃和古板。
He lifted his gaze, too, from the daisies, and turned it on her.
他还从雏菊那儿抬起眼来凝视着她。
An unsmiling, a searching, a meaning gaze it was.
这是一种没有笑容、搜索探寻、意味深长的目光。
She answered it with a second laugh, and laughter well became her youth, her roses, her dimples, her bright eyes.
她再次一笑,算是对他的回答。笑声很适合她的青春年华,她那玫瑰色的面容,她的酒窝,她那晶莹的眸子。
As he stood, mute and grave, she again fell to caressing Carlo.
圣·约翰默不作声十分严肃地站着时,她又开始抚摸起卡罗来。
"Poor Carlo loves me," she said.
“可怜的,卡罗喜欢我,”她说,
"He is not stern and distant to his friends; and if he could speak, he would not be silent."
“它对朋友不严肃,不疏远。而且要是它能说话,它是不会不吭声的。”
As she patted the dog's head, bending with native grace before his young and austere master, I saw a glow rise to that master's face.
她以天生的优美姿态,在年青而严峻的狗主人面前弯下腰,拍拍狗头时,我看见主人的脸上升起了红晕,