So the first benefit is-well, I need to think more about where I can simplify, what I can say no to.
第一个好处就是 我要更仔细地想想我能简化的地方
Do less rather than more. So that's certainly a benefit there. Because it got me thinking about it.
我可以说不的地方 做少一点而非做多一点 这是很显然的一个好处 因为它让我去思考
The second benefit that I thought about at that moment-"oh now I have another story to tell in class.
第二个好处就是当时我想 “我现在又有一个可以在课堂上讲的故事了
An example of how I am applying the three Ps." Distraction-very easy.
一个应用三个P的例子” 分心 很简单
I had the best distraction right next to me. Shirell. And then, perspective.
我旁边就有最好的分心工具 史瑞尔 然后是转换角度
Is this really going to matter a year from now that I didn't exercise before a class
一年之后这会有影响吗 我在上课前没有锻炼
and that I didn't go over lecture notes twice but only once before class?
我没有复习两遍备课笔记 而是只复习了一遍
So I'm not gonna give a class which is 95 percent, but just 90 percent.
所以我上课就不能发挥95% 只能发挥90%
Is this really going to matter? No. But at the same time,
这真的很重要吗 不重要
I said to myself, I still want to be able to enjoy the here and now.
但同时我对自己说 我仍然希望能享受当下
So I took my time, spent time with Shirell, stayed with her a few more,
于是我和史瑞尔呆在一起 陪她久一点的时间
extra minutes in day care-we played together, and then went home, much more relaxed, much calmer,
在托儿所陪她久一点 我们一起玩 然后我更放松 更平静地回家了
having applied the three Ps to an actual situation that arose.
将三个P应用于实际发生的情况
Permission to be human-acceptance. Focusing on the positive-benefit finding.
准许自己为人 接受它 关注积极的一面
And finally, the ability to shift perspective-when do I want to zoom out and ask this,
最后就是转换角度的能力 我什么时候要退一步问自己
"do I need to sweat over it now? And when do I want to be immersed in the here and now?"
“我现在需要为此伤神吗 我什么时候想沉浸于当下”
Think about this technique. And again very simple. Now this technique is not equivalent to an inoculation,
想想这个技巧 非常简单 这个技巧并不等于可以一劳永逸
meaning it's not OK-now you learn the technique; I know about the three Ps.
你现在学到了这个技巧 我知道三个P