手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

高功能焦虑症(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Do you think you might have anxiety or know someone who does?

你觉得自己或者其他你认识的人有可能患焦虑症?
If not, what's the first image you have when you imagine someone with diagnosed anxiety?
如果没有,那么提起焦虑症患者时,你最先想到的是什么?
The popular comical image may have popped into your head with the frazzled jittery expression, unkempt hair and profuse sweating.
这么一种形象可能会出现在你的脑海中:疲惫紧张的表情,蓬乱的头发和出汗。
The truth is there are some people who go on to be successful and accomplish great things in spite of their battle against this mental illness.
实际上,有些人尽管与这种精神疾病作着斗争,但他们还是取得了成功,成就了大事。
This is known as high functioning anxiety. High functioning anxiety isn't a diagnosable condition,
这种疾病被称为高功能焦虑症。高功能焦虑症不是一种可诊断的疾病,
and so it can be difficult to identify because those who have it don't appear anxious.
所以很难辨别它,因为患者看起来并不焦虑。
However, the calm appearance doesn't make it any less real, serious or painful for those who have it.
但镇定的外表并不意味着患者的病况假的,这种疾病并不严重或痛苦。
Wondering now if you might fit in with this category?
想知道你是否是其中之一?
Here are 12 things you may not realize you're doing because of your high functioning anxiety.
以下是你没有意识到自己因为高功能焦虑症而做的12件事。
1. You turn down things you actually want to go to.
1. 想去却拒绝。
You eagerly await events and get-togethers with friends, but when the day finally comes you often decide not to go at the very last minute.
你热切地期待着与朋友们的活动和聚会,但当那一天终于到来时,你往往会在最后一刻决定不去。
Sound familiar? Even though you were looking forward to it for so long,
听起来很熟悉?虽然你期待了很久,
you've talked yourself out of attending because the thought of going out leaves you wracked with worry and dread.
但你还是说服了自己不要去,因为一想到要出去,你就会被担心和恐惧折磨。
2. You dislike having to meet new people.
2. 不喜欢结识新朋友。
When someone says to you, there'll be so many new people you can network with, how do you really feel?
当有人告诉你,你可以结交很多新朋友时,你是什么感受?
Mingling and social functions just isn't your thing. Not due to shyness or introversion, you just don't want to meet new people.
你不擅长交际和社交活动。这不是因为害羞或内向,你只是不想结识新朋友。
Sticking to your close-knit group of friends is comfortable and happy for you.
和一群关系密切的朋友呆在一起让你感到舒适和快乐。
Introducing yourself or being introduced to someone else makes you feel self-conscious and worried about making a good first impression.
自我介绍或被介绍给别人会让你感到不自在,担心不能给人留下良好的第一印象。
This worry is so intense that it sucks any enjoyment or intrigue out of meeting someone new.
这种担心非常强烈,以至于你失去了结识新朋友的任何乐趣或兴趣。
3. You're uncomfortable with slow responses.
3. 不及时的回复让你感到难受。

高功能焦虑症.jpg

The moment you send someone a text or leave them a voice message, do you start counting the seconds waiting for a response?

给别人发短信或语音后,你会开始计算等待回复的时间吗?
And the longer you wait, the more you feel anxious.
等的时间越久,你就越焦虑。
You overthink about why they haven't replied yet and somehow take it to mean that you did something wrong.
你会过度思考他们没有回信息的原因,还会认为是不是自己做错了什么。
Take a breath. They probably like you just fine and their phone might be on mute.
深呼吸。或许他们对你的喜欢没变,他们的手机可能静音了。
4. You get very little sleep.
4. 你睡得很少。
We hear eight hours of sleep is required, can you remember the last time you got eight hours of sleep?
我们总听说要睡满八个小时,你记得上次睡足八小时是什么时候吗?
We mean all at once, not spread out over a few days. You may be able to look at anxiety as the reason.
我们指的是一次睡足8小时,不是几天加起来才8小时。你可能认为睡眠不足是因为焦虑症。
It may wake you up early and keep you from having a deep and relaxed sleep
焦虑症让你醒得早,让你无法有一个深度和放松的睡眠,
and also keep you up at night with thoughts racing through your mind.
也会让你晚上难以入睡,思绪在你的脑海中飞快地跑过
Being shortchanged on both ends is why sleep deprivation is such a common complaint amongst those of us who suffer from high functioning anxiety.
醒得早睡不着,所以高功能焦虑症患者经常抱怨自己的睡眠被剥夺。
5. You fixate on the tiniest details.
5. 执着于微小的细节。
Is there any little thing you think about that's keeping you up at night and depriving you of sleep?
有没有什么小事让你彻夜难眠?
Like how you said you to to the waiter when they told you to enjoy your meal?
比如,服务员跟你说请慢用时,你是怎么回复的?
Or maybe why that person replied to your long text with simply okay.
又或者为什么你说了一大堆,别人只回一句好的?
Logically, you realize this isn't going to hugely impact your life. The waiter won't remember you and that other person was probably just busy.
从逻辑上讲,你知道这不会对你的生活产生巨大的影响。那个服务员都不记得你,那个人可能只是在忙。
Still you examine it. This fixation is a common feature for people with high functioning anxiety.
但你却还在仔细回想。这种固着是高功能焦虑症患者的常见特征。
You tend to obsess over trivial things, especially social interactions.
你容易为小事而困扰,尤其是社交活动。
You analyze everything and spend hours and hours wondering what it could all mean and why.
你会分析每一件事情,花上几个小时去琢磨这一切意味着什么以及其原因。
6. You get hung up on old conversations.
6. 你会沉迷于过去的谈话。
Speaking of social interactions, do you find yourself playing back old social scenarios in your head
说到社交互动,你是否发现自己在脑海中回想着过去的社交场景,
thinking about different actions you could have taken or not taken?
想着你本可以采取或不采取的不同行动?
Things like maybe 'I shouldn't have texted him or maybe I should have given that witty reply'.
比如‘我不应该给他发信息的’或者‘我应该回答得更机智一点。’
High functioning anxiety makes you overthink every single social interaction you've ever had big or small,
高功能焦虑症会让你过度思考每一次大大小小的社交互动,
and it's not unusual for people who struggle with it to get hung up on the past regardless of how long ago it was.
对于那些纠结于过去的人来说,不管过去有多久,他们都会对过去念念不忘,这是很正常的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
category ['kætigəri]

想一想再看

n. 种类,类别

 
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 
interaction [.intə'rækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 相互作用,相互影响,互动交流

联想记忆
fixate ['fikseit]

想一想再看

vi. 注视;固定下来 vt. 注视…;使固定

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
intrigue [in'tri:g]

想一想再看

n. 阴谋,复杂的事,私通
vt. 欺骗,激起

联想记忆
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
intense [in'tens]

想一想再看

adj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的

联想记忆
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。