您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
公开课 >
哈佛大学《幸福课》 >
正文
- The Platinum Rule is taking the Golden Rule and switching it around.
- 铂金法则就是取自黄金法则再对其进行小小的修饰
- And what it says is, do not do unto yourself what you would not do unto others.
- 它说的是:人所不欲勿施于己
- Or rather "do unto yourself what you do unto others."
- 或者说“人所欲方施于己”
- Now if a good friend of you, someone you really care about
- 如果你的一个好朋友 你非常在乎的一个人
- or a family member fails and doesn't do well,
- 或者家庭成员失败了 没做好
- what you'll do with that person? Do you reject that person?
- 你会怎样对待这个人 你会排斥这个人吗
- Oh you just got a B on this exam. Or "you didn't win this competition."
- 你考试只得了个B 或者“你竟然没赢得比赛”
- Is that how you treat them? Or do you embrace them?
- 你会这样对待他们吗 还是你会拥抱他们
- And do you love them any less for it? Of course not.
- 你们会因此少爱他们一点吗 当然不会
- Then why do we apply these unrealistic and non-compassionate standards to ourselves?
- 那么为什么我们要将这些不现实的 毫无共鸣的标准强加给我们自己呢
- Now the Dalai Lama, when he was first introduced to a lot of Western culture,
- 达赖喇嘛 当他刚开始大量接触西方文化时
- was baffled by one very particular thing: by our usage of a word, compassion.
- 被一样东西困扰了 就是我们用的一个词 同情
- The word compassion in Tibetan is "tsewe", in English spelled "t-s-e-w-e".
- 同情这个词在藏语中叫“tsewe” 拼为"t-s-e-w-e"
- The word in Tibetan means compassion for others as well as for self.
- 这个词在藏语中的意思 既是同情他人 也是同情自己
- And he was really taking back by the notion that in English when we talk about,
- 所以他完全被英语中的概念搞糊涂了
- or in West in general-not just in English-when we talk about compassion,
- 或者说在大多数西方文化 不仅是英语文化中 当我们说到同情时
- we talk about compassion for others. And he said, "how can you have compassion for others
- 我们是指对别人的同情 他说“你们对自己没有同情
- when you don't have compassion for yourself?" The foundation is the self.
- 又怎么能对别人有同情呢” 自我是基础
- The Platinum Rule is about having compassion for ourselves as well.
- 铂金法则就是说对我们自己也要有同情
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
课程简介:
我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。
来源:可可英语 //www.utensil-race.com/Article/202004/607862.shtml