Cause he's blown away with the fascinating stories that were told in the seminar and so on.
因为他被我们在研讨会上所讲述的那些故事给深深吸引了
Anyway, but Anita Roddick has done a lot of work for women and self-esteem.
不管怎么说 安妮塔·罗迪克在女性和自尊方面做了不少工作
And one of the projects-she did that in 1997-I think you were,
其中一个项目 她在1997年策划的
most of you were too young to be aware of it, but it was on all Body Shop stores was one
我觉得你们大多都太年轻了 可能不知道 但是所有美体小铺的分店都有一个
that she based on a doll called Ruby, the alternative to Barbie.
叫做鲁比的洋娃娃 用来取代芭比娃娃
And here is what the campaign looked like. Whoops! Sorry.
然后那次活动是这样的 抱歉
"There are 3 billion women who don't look like supermodels and only 8 who do."
“有三十亿女人长得不像超级模特 只有8个才像”
Or "Hey media, where we come from cultural and physical diversity is the norm. It's called Planet earth."
或者“媒体们 在我们家乡 文化与生理的多样才是标准 那里就是地球”
Very effective campaign. And so important.
这次活动非常成功 也很重要
Because what of the models that we have today in our culture-all or nothing.
因为我们今天文化中的 模型就是这样的 要么全部要么没有
I mean, this picture by the way came together. I didn't put them together.
这些照片是一同被找到的 我没把它们特意放在一起
Either you binge, or the alternative. Or what do we get in the movies?
要么你大吃大喝 要么就不吃不喝 我们从电影中得到了什么?
I mean who possibly can live up to the standards of Top Gun? Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis.
谁能达到《壮志凌云》里面的标准 汤姆克鲁斯和凯莉麦吉利斯
The perfect love that they had there, but this is the model that we had-and I'll talk about it when I talk about relationships.
他们拥有的那种完美的爱情 但这是我们所有的模型 等我们谈到恋爱关系的时候会讲到
Who possibly can sustain even for"9 1/2 Weeks", let alone a life time?
谁又能度过《爱你九周半》那样的九周半呢?更不要说过一辈子了
The passion in the movies. Impossible standards. Also, self-help books.
那电影里的激情都是不可能的标准 还有那些自助的书