手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 吉米鸡毛秀 > 正文

"星际迷航"系列又出新剧?欢迎围观

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Our first guest is an award-winning and knighted actor who when I was growing up taught me everything I needed to know about running a city and a starship.

我们的第一位嘉宾是一位屡次获奖的演员 也是名爵士 他在我的成长过程中教我如何管理一座城市或者一艘星际飞船
Almost 20 years after saying farewell to starfleet and his crew, he returns to the role of Jean-luc Picard in Star Trek Picard.
在和星际舰队和船员们告别了将近20年之后 他又回到了《星际迷航:皮卡德》里扮演让吕克·皮卡德这一角色
And you thought I was a desperate old man quixotic paranoid possibly senile.
你觉得我是一个绝望的老人 不切实际的偏执狂 大概已经年老力衰
Let's just leave it at quixotic.
我们想想就行了
And now the windmills have turned out to be Giants.
现在 风车变成了巨人
You want an apology.
你想我道歉?
I want two squadron.
我要两个中队
Jean-luc.
让吕克
Clancy, out there in the white system. Right now.
克兰西 去白色系统那里 现在就去
Beings who have as much right to life and liberty as you and I all commander data are being hunted down by an enemy who seeks to exterminate.
那些和你我一样有生命和自由权利的生物 所有的指挥官资料正在被一个试图消灭他们的敌人追捕
Jean-luc.
让吕克
No Classy. If you say this is not a job for starfleet, then I'm sorry but you are a waste of space.
不 克兰西 如果你说这不是星际舰队的工作 那么抱歉 你就是空间的垃圾
New episodes of Star Trek Picard streamed thursdays on CBS all access.
《星际迷航》的新剧集《星际迷航:皮卡德》于每周四在CBS全网播出
Please welcome Sir Patrick Stewart.
我们欢迎帕特里克·斯图尔特爵士
This is an absolute thrill. I got to get this out up to front.
令人激动的时刻 我得先声明
I am a huge Star Trek fan, always have been.
我是《星际迷航》的超级影迷 一直都是
When I was a kid, I come home from school at 4 o'clock it would come on every day.
我小的时候 每天下午4点放学回家
My friend Joe would come over. We'd religiously watch every episode.
我的朋友乔会过来我家找我 然后我们一起追《星际迷航》 每一集都不放过
When the movie generations came out, I was there as soon as it came out.
每出来一部新的我立马就追
And then there's some photographic evidence from I believe Halloween 1995.
有一张照片可以作证 这张我记得拍摄于1995年的万圣节
Just so you know I I really mean it.
所以 我真的是铁粉
So I think it's safe to say at least among every mayor that I've I've known, I'm about as big a Star Trek fan as can be.
所以我觉得 至少在我认识的所有市长里 我敢说我绝对是《星际迷航》的铁杆粉丝
But I gather there are a lot of figures in public life and in politics who are big fans.
不过我想很多公众人物或者政治人物都是铁杆粉丝吧
Oh my yes, you are may I call you Pete?
哦 我的天 我可以叫你皮特吗
By all means.
随您意
You are in very good company.
你的小伙伴都不错

QQ截图20200324155106_副本.png

I have known one president to chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff one of whom asked me "May I sit in your chair?"

我认识一位总统 他是参谋长联席会议的主席 他问我:“我可以坐在你的椅子上吗?”
And and Secretary of State Madeleine Albright was a huge fan.
还有国务卿玛德琳·奥尔布赖特是我的超级粉丝
So and then we have the other stupid.
还有一个傻货也是
So welcome to this company. One day you know we should have an event.
所以欢迎加入这个集体 总有一天我们会一起搞个事儿
We'll gather all these people together.
我们会把所有这些人聚在一起
It will be a kind of Star Trek convention. But of a different sort alone. (a lot of)
有点儿像星际迷航大会 不过有一点点不同 (很不同)
So let me say this I mean you you montes the character. But you have a...I think a commanding presence.
我这么说吧 我觉得你有一种居高临下的存在感
It's safe to say, I mean to the point that senior military officers would want to check for your permission before sitting in in a chair.
可以这么说 我的意思是 高级军官在坐在椅子上之前会先征求你的同意
So it must have crossed your mind. I mean so many figures from entertainment now are in politics.
所以你一定想过 现在很多娱乐圈的人物都改从政了
The president of the Ukraine, president the United States.
比如乌克兰总统啊美国总统啊
Has it ever crossed your mind? Has anybody ever suggested that you go into public life or hold public office?
那你有想过改行吗 有没有人建议你进入公众生活或者说担任公职什么的
It has never crossed my mind. But yes, there have been proposals and suggestions.
从没想过 不过是的 已经有很多人建议我这么做
One in the United Kingdom I I've been a member of the labour party for 35 years.
我在英国是工党成员 而且已经35年了
And I committed my first act of civil disobedience when I was five years old.
5岁的时候我第一次进行非暴力反抗
At the the Post-world War two general election in 1945, when of course to everyone's amazement Winston Churchill was thrown out and Clement Attlee got in,
1945年二战后的大选中 令所有人惊讶的是温斯顿·丘吉尔落选 当选的竟是克莱门特·艾德礼
and I have been a left-wing man ever since, which sometimes...
自那之后我就成了一名左翼分子 有时候……
It can create little problems sometimes in the United States. But I would get a lot of fun out of it.
这在美国有时会引起小麻烦 不过我也从中获得很多乐趣
There's nothing like sitting around a Beverly Hills dining table with a lot of fancy guests and telling them you're a socialist.
没有什么能比坐在比弗利山庄的餐桌旁 和一群贵宾坐在一起 然后告诉他们自己是一名社会主义分子更爽的事情了
Ah. Don't come near me. Don't talk.
啊~别靠近我 别跟我说话
Yeah so um but I heard about your affection for Sartre while you were campaigning.
嗯 我听说你在竞选时喜欢萨特
Early on in the campaign I heard about that. So I tuned into you. You're terrific.
竞选初期我就听说了这件事 我注意到你了 你很棒
Well, thank you.
嗯谢谢
And you have a quality of speech making, which is gonna stand you in great self.
你很会演讲 这会使你在伟大的自我中屹立不倒
Because it's spontaneous. It's immediate. Its natural. It doesn't sound prepared in any way.
(你的演讲)像是自发的 很直接 也很自然 不像那种拿着稿子念的
Are you saying I might have a future in late-night television?
是不是说我有潜力进入“今晚秀”当主持人
Only if you will invite me once a month.
如果你每月请我做一次嘉宾就满足你
Deal.
成交
Ok. Yeah. Yeah. Down.
行 嗯 嗯 就这么定了
Also to say, I also had the great pleasure of seeing you and Sir Ian McKellen perform on stage in new york in Waiting for Godot.
还有 很开心能看到你和伊恩·麦克莱恩爵士在纽约的舞台上表演《等待戈多》
I heard about that. Why didn't you come back soon?
我听说了 你怎么没早点回来呢
I don't think they would have let me back back that.
我想他们不会让我早点儿回来
Obscure. I don't even know if I wait I think I would have been a obscure IndIana mayor at the time.
很费解 我还说如果我再等等 可能会成为一位无名的印第安纳市长
But it was an amazing thing to see. And I know you and Serena are famously close friends.
很值得期待 我知道你和瑟琳娜是关系特别好的朋友
But I wonder when you collaborate with a close friend in such an intense professional environment, does that strengthen the friendship? Does it test it?
不过我想知道 和如此亲密的朋友在这样一种紧张的工作环境下合作的话 友谊会加强吗 会影响友谊吗
What's it like working so closely and so intensely with it with a good friend like that?
和很好的朋友在紧张的环境下一起工作是什么感觉?
It does both Pete. And it's a little bit like a marriage. You know.
好坏都有吧 和婚姻有点儿像
You and by the way Sir Ian married my wife and I. He performed the ceremony.
顺便说一句 我和我妻子结婚时 是伊恩爵士主持的婚礼
He became qualified online. Of course yeah. You can do this.
他在网上学习怎么主持 挺合格的 是的嗯 你也可以这样
Actually one of the one of the great privileges of being a mayor is you can you can marry people.
其实当市长最大的特权之一就是你有婚姻自由权
Just like that?
只有那个吗?
Yeah just like as long as it's within st. Joe county indIana. Then then I could marry.
是的 只要是在印第安纳州的圣乔县就行
I met a couple. I was a little early in for work one day.
我遇见过一对夫妻 有一天我上班稍微早了些
And I was trying to avoid people actually, because the staff hadn't come in yet.
其实我在尽量避开人群 因为工作人员都还没来
And this couple popped out of an elevator. They said: you know oh we're so glad you're here.
之后一对夫妻从电梯里出来 他们说:我们很高兴你能来
And I was thinking: what do you need?
然后我就想了:你们要干嘛
And it turned out they were on their way to the hospital. She was gonna get a c-section.
原来他们是在去医院的路上 她要做剖腹产
And they wanted to be married so that they could tell her parents that that they were married when they also gave them the news about the new little one.
他们想结婚 这样他们就可以告诉父母他们结婚了、还有了孩子
So we we just went ahead took a ribbon made it into a ring did it on the spot. It was great fun.
所以我们就用一条丝带做了一个戒指 当场举行了仪式 非常有趣
But I gotta say, I mean I can't imagine that I would have performed the office nearly in as much style as Serein would have done.
不过我得说 我做不到像瑟琳娜那样把办公室搞得如此有格调
He was wonderful. There were actually two ceremonies which is not generally known.
他太棒了 其实我们的婚礼仪式举行过两次 很少有人知道这个
Because we discovered~we were in Berkeley where we were doing the Harold Pinter play ah forget it.
因为我们发现~我们当时在伯克利拍哈罗德·品特的戏 啊 还是不说了
Some Harold fair play.
什么哈罗德的戏啥的
And we learned that he could not use his credentials in Nevada where we were getting married. My wife is from Reno.
我们得知 他不能在我们结婚的地方内华达州使用他的证件 我的妻子来自里诺
And we were in California where the credentials were accepted.
我们当时在加州 证件是被接受的
So in our last week one night after the show, we invited Ian and our two other guests and a director to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.
所以节目结束之后最后一周的一个晚上 我们邀请了伊恩和另外两位嘉宾以及一位导演到一家墨西哥餐厅共进晚餐
And it was really closing down when we got there. It's very late.
结果我们到那儿的时候餐厅已经关门了 因为太晚了
And Ian had brought with him a kind of robe. But our guests had no idea what was happening.
伊恩带了一件长袍 而我们其他的客人都不知道发生了什么
And in fact, we were formally married in a Mexican restaurant.
其实我们是在一家墨西哥餐厅正式举行婚礼仪式的
He made a speech at the or the supposedly authentic wedding which was so moving.
他那婚礼上(假设那是真正的婚礼)上做了一篇非常感人的演讲
I looked out and the audience were wiping their men and women.
我一看 观众们都在互相擦拭眼泪
And I thought but this is a wedding. But it was so emotional. It was very powerful.
我就想了 这是婚礼啊(不是葬礼) 怎么整得这么感人呢 (他的演讲)太触动人心了
Look, we I don't know how much time we have, these things go very fast,
看 我知道节目快结束了 说着说着就到时间了
What?
这是啥?
For you. Oh yep guy. Open an hour or~.
给你的 喔 一小时后打开还是?
Face. Oh yes. Of course.
现在打开吧 嗯 当然
Oh my goodness. Original.
噢 天哪 原版吗?
Look at that. That will have pride of place.
看看 这个很珍贵的
Well it's not just an original. Because there are you know there are scores and scores of copies.
嗯 这个不止是原版 因为它有很多很多的副本
This is my working script.
这还是我工作时用的剧本
What a treasure!
太珍贵了!
Picard is underlined and there even are I can't find them but there are my hand written on.
皮卡德的台词部分划了下划线 上面还有 我找不到了 不过上面有我的笔迹
That is an absolute treasure. Thank you so much.
这真的太珍贵了 非常感谢
Would you...would you like me to sign it?
你想 想让我在上面签名吗
Me?
我吗?
Would you like...?
你想……?
Oh yes. Absolutely.
喔 是的 当然
Yeah. Right right there.
嗯 在那里签就行
Oh right here?
这里
Yeah. Oh that's wonderful.
嗯 太好了
Well we are about to we are about to test my my fandom in a new way when we come back.
下次我们会以一种新的方式来测试我的影迷
Patrick stewart and I are going to go head-to-head in Star Trek trivia with a special guest. So stick around.
帕特里克·斯图尔特和我将在《星际迷航》里跟一位特殊的嘉宾正面交锋 所以不要走开

重点单词   查看全部解释    
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
elevator ['eliveitə]

想一想再看

n. 电梯,飞机升降舵,斗式皮带输送机

联想记忆
director [di'rektə, dai'rektə]

想一想再看

n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
convention [kən'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 大会,协定,惯例,公约

联想记忆
script [skript]

想一想再看

n. 手稿,脚本,手迹
vt. 为...

联想记忆
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
emotional [i'məuʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 感情的,情绪的

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
intense [in'tens]

想一想再看

adj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。