So again, asking what is most important for me?
所以再一次问自己到底什么才是重要的
What do I really care about as opposed to saying all or nothing.
除了要么没有要么全部外 我还在乎什么
Now my grades did go down slightly as a result. But really very little.
我的成绩确实下降了一点点 但是只是很少一点点
Because I was employing that 20/80 rule.
因为我在应用这条20/80法则
20 percent of focus on what's important and got the 80 percent of the work done.
将百分之二十的注意力放到重要的东西上 然后把百分之八十的工作做好
And I became so much more successful in other areas of my academic career,
而我在学术的其它领域却获得了更多的成功
because I had more time to play squash and enjoy my squash practice.
因为我有了更多的时间来打壁球、来享受壁球练习
I had more time for socializing, for sitting in Law House and having a two and a half hour dinner, starting at 5 pm.
我有了更多时间来和别人交流 有时间去坐在法学院里吃一次五点开始的、持续两个半小时的晚餐
Just based on that. Another application of the 80/20 rule:
就是在这样的基础上实现的 另一个对于80/20的应用:
all of us have different time during the day when we are most productive.
我们每人在一天中都有不同的最有工作效率的时间
In fact, in 20 percent of the day, we get 80 percent, potentially,
实际上 在一天中百分之二十的时间内
80 percent of our work done, depending whether we are morning people or night people.
我们完成了百分之八十的工作 这取决于我们是早起的鸟还是夜猫子
There are people who get up in the morning at you know 6, 7 am and they are ready to go.
有的人早上6点或7点就起来了 然后他们立刻就可以工作了
That's me. I get up early. Very easy for me. I just go straight to my computer or to change a diaper.
我也是这样的 我很早起床 对我很简单 我可以直接开电脑工作或去给孩子换尿布
Very early in the morning. First thing. No problem. At night, by 9, 10 pm, complete zombie.
很早的早上 直接去工作 没问题 但是到了晚上9点10点 就完全不行了
And there are people who are the opposite-can stay up till 2, 3, 4 am in the morning, and that's when they are the freshest.
有人却是截然相反的 他们可以熬夜到凌晨2点 3点 4点 那才是他们最有干劲的时候
By the way, it has to do with our internal biorhythm, internal circadian rhythms.
这和我们内在的生物节奏有关 和我们的生理节奏有关