1."put" is known for when we want to place something or someone in a position or specific relationship.
“put”最常见的含义为,把某物或某人放置在一个特定的地方
Hey! Can you put the book on the table?
嘿!你能把这本书放在桌子上吗?
2."put" can also mean to bring something to a specific condition or state.
“put”也可以表示,把某人或某物放到一个特定的处境之下
Every time I meet her, she puts me in an awful mood.
每次我见她,她都会让我心情非常糟糕。
3.We can use "put" to replace "translate".
我们还可以用“put”来替换“translate”,表示翻译。
I will translate/put this poem into English.
我会把这首诗翻译成英文。
4.其他put相关短语
put forward 提出(计划、建议),陈述(观点)
I put my theory about potato guns forward.
我阐述了我的土豆枪的工作原理。
put in mind 记住,记在脑子里
Put in mind. If you don't finish your homework, you will be kicked out.
记住了!如果你不完成你的家庭作业的话,你就给我出去!
put one's foot down 毅然决然,坚持己见
I am putting my foot down. We are going now!
我坚持!我们现在就走!
put the finger on 告发,揭发某人
I am putting the finger on Mark because he broke the vase.
我揭发了 Mark 打碎花瓶的事情。
put the make on 对某人展开追求
He tried to put the make on me.
他对我表示好感展开追求。
put together 组成整体,建立
They put together a number of college students for the volunteer job.
他们把一些大学生组建在一起做志愿者工作。
put it there 击掌,握手
Hey, Cara put it there!
嘿卡拉!来击个掌!