intriguing 激起好奇心的
tempting 诱人的,有吸引力的
When we want to begin with gossip, we need to use questions that intrigue.
当我们想要开始八卦的时候,我们需要使用能够激起好奇心的开场白。
Did you hear (that...)?
诶!你有没有听说(...)?
You will never guess what happened!
你一定不敢想象发生了什么!
kiss and tell -- to tell others about a sexual encounter 八卦风流韵事
Here is the latest kiss and tell about his affair.
这是他最新的风流韵事!
Most girls avoid Johnny because they know he loves to kiss and tell.
很多女孩子都回避Johnny,因为她们知道他很喜欢到处讲那些私密的事情。
A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell.
So, what did you guys do last night?
所以,你们...昨天晚上...发生了什么?嗯?
A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell.
君子不分享吹嘘自己的私密之事。
blabbermouth 多嘴多舌的人,大嘴巴
Don't you have that friend that can never ever keep a secret? Well, now you know what to call that friend.
你们难道没有那种永远都无法保守秘密的朋友吗?现在你们知道要怎么形容他们了!
Damn! Dillon is such a blabbermouth!
天哪!Dillon 真的是个大嘴巴!
spill the beans 泄漏秘密
When someone is just making you excited for some news and doesn't tell you about it and you want them to share the secret.
如果有人一直拿八卦吊你胃口,但是又不告诉你,你就可以对他讲这句话,意思就是“快说快说”!
Oh! Can you just spill the beans already?!
拜托!你能不能就快讲啊!
口语里面更多时候会直接讲:
Spill!
Spill it!
Spill the tea!
dish the dirt 散布流言蜚语
When we have something negative to reveal about someone, we use this phrase.
当我们抖出一些某人不好的事情的时候,可以用这个短语。
My lips are sealed. 我的嘴巴被封住了。形容我嘴巴很紧,我是不会讲的!
Cara, aren't you going to dish the dirt about Jack?
Cara,你不抖一点Jack的脏事出来吗?
My lips are sealed! Don't you even try!
我嘴巴很紧的!你想都别想!
You have to take this secret to your grave.
你必须把这个秘密带进坟墓!死都不能说!
I'll take it to my grave!
我死都不会说的!