手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

为让所有人都能了解纳粹大屠杀历史 他们在努力

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"For many, many people who disappeared, were killed by the Nazis, there is nothing.

“对许许多多在纳粹手上消失,被纳粹杀害的人而言,没有任何资料讲述他们的故事。
There's no grave, there's absolutely no inscription whatsoever except for a line, birthdate sometimes, and a name.
连墓碑都没有,除了一行字,有时会协商出生日期,和一个名字之外,没有任何的碑文。
These documents, it's a testimony.
这些文件,就是他们的见证。
It's a witness to what happened."
是见证他们的遭遇的目击者。”
"The Arolsen Archives hold 30 million documents.
“阿尔森档案馆存有3000万份文件。
It's the largest world-wide archive on the persecution by the Nazis and on survivors after the war.
是全世界最大的保存纳粹迫害和战后幸存者档案的档案馆。
We had the intention to publish large collections online, and we didn't have the resources,
当初,我们打算在网上发布大量这方面的收藏,问题是,我们没有资源,
so we were very privileged to find an excellent partner with Ancestry."
后来,我们很幸运地找到了一个出色的合作伙伴,族谱网。”
"The partnership essentially involves the archives, digitizing the millions of paper documents that they have,
“这次合作主要围绕档案展开的,也就是把他们手上的数百万份纸质文件数字化,
and Ancestry creating searchable indexes, and people everywhere can search the records for free."
然后我们来创建可供搜索的索引,让世界各地的人都能免费搜索这些记录。”
"Seven and a half years ago, I found a list from Auschwitz with my mother's signature on it.
“七年半前,我从奥斯维辛找到了一份名单,上面还有我母亲的签名。
It was a list of 227 names that came from the Arolsen Archive in Germany.
这是德国阿尔森档案馆收藏的一份名单,上面有227个人的名字。
We can see the front is Auschwitz, November 29th, 1944.
我们可以看到照片正面是奥斯维辛集中营,时间是1944年11月29日。
It's a list of women prisoners.
这是一份女囚的名单。
This is my mother's name.
这是我妈妈的名字。
This is the number that was on her arm.
这是她手臂上的号码。
This is her signature, and what's most compelling to me are the signatures, each different, each representing their personality.
这是她的签名,最令我感兴趣的是这些签名,每一个都不一样,每一个签名都代表着那个人的个性。
What I've been doing since then is going through name by name, trying to determine what happened to these girls.
从那以后,我就一直在逐个逐个地研究那些名字,试图弄清楚在她们身上究竟发生了什么。
What's their story? Where'd they come from? Did they survive?
她们身上有着怎样的故事?她们从哪里来?有没有幸存下来?
I felt compelled to go to Arolsen to see if I could learn anything more,
我觉得我有必要亲自到阿尔森去一趟,看看会不会有新的收获,
both about girls on the list as well as family members."
无论是关于名单上的女孩的收获还是关于她们的家人的收获都可以。”
"This was a girl, 15 years old.
“这是个女孩,15岁。
As I was growing up, my mother told me if I would have an extra piece of bread, I would give it to Margica,
小时候,我母亲曾对我说,如果我多出一块面包,我会把它给玛吉卡,
and if you had a gift of bread, that means you get to live another day."
因为如果你得到了一块面包,那就意味着你又能多活一天。”

2

"It is more important than ever to show what can happen

“告诉大家团结、平等和尊重的价值观得不到维护,
if these values about solidarity, about equality, about respect are not upheld."
社会会变成什么样,此时此刻,这一点比对以往任何时候都要重要。”
"Living memory is dying for those that were involved in the Holocaust.
“对那些曾经经历过大屠杀的人来说,鲜活的记忆正在变得模糊。
We need to capture that information so that even when they are gone,
我们需要抓住这些信息,只有这样,就算他们走了,
experiences that they went through can be preserved and shared for future generations."
他们所遭遇的那些经历也能被保存下来,能分享给他们的后人。”
"What, what is this? That's my grandfather as well.
“这,这是什么?还有我祖父的签名。
It's extraordinary to see his actual signature and that he touched this card."
看到他的签名和他触摸过的这张卡片,感觉有些难以置信。”
"It is a privilege for us to contribute because of people like Allan were researching their relatives but also other victims of the Nazis
“我们很荣幸能够在这件事上贡献我们的力量,因为艾伦他们不仅在研究他们自己的亲属,也在研究纳粹的其他受害者,
because we contribute to the fact that they will not be forgotten."
因为我们帮助促成了那些受害者不会被遗忘这一事实。”
"Let's see.
“我们看看。
This would be a picture of my mother in Germany.
这是我母亲在德国时的照片。
I have the ability to do this sort of research.
我有能力做这个研究。
I have the time.
我也有这个时间。
Many people don't.
很多人是因为没有这样的机会。
For those who can't go where the sources are stored, the ability to look at it online is extraordinary,
对那些没有机会到收藏这些资源的地方去的人来说,能够在网上查看这些资源意义非凡,
and it's a wonderful thing that Ancestry is making it available for free to anyone who wants to see.
族谱网能够公开这些资源,让所有想看的人都能免费查阅,真的很棒!
The reason I'm doing this is not so much to pass this to my children, but to their great, great, great, great grandchildren
我这么做很大程度上并不是因为我想让我自己的孩子看到这些历史,而是想让他们的曾曾曾曾孙能看到这些历史,
because one day when they wake up and say who am I? What am I going through here?
因为,有一天当他们醒来问到我是谁,我现在究竟是什么情况的时候,
And when they look back and they see what happened with their great, great, great grandmother and her resilience,
当他们回首往事,看到他们的曾曾曾祖母,看到她原来那么坚韧的时候,
I want them to take that lesson."
我是希望他们在那个时候能有所领悟。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
archive ['ɑ:kaiv]

想一想再看

n. 档案,档案馆 vt. 存档

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
intention [in'tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 意图,意向,目的

联想记忆
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
contribute [kən'tribju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 捐助,投稿
vi. 投稿,贡献,是原因

联想记忆
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
privilege ['privilidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸
vt.

联想记忆
solidarity [.sɔli'dæriti]

想一想再看

n. 团结

 
ancestry ['ænsistri]

想一想再看

n. 祖先,家世,门第

 
extraordinary [iks'trɔ:dnri]

想一想再看

adj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。