手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

万圣节经典电影及书籍

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's October, 1997 and it's almost Halloween.

1997年10月,万圣节马上马上就要到了。

Teen dream Jennifer Love Hewitt is starring as Julie James in the now classic I Know What You Did Last Summer.

詹妮弗·洛芙·休伊特刚刚出演了《我知道你去年夏天干了什么》中的朱莉·詹姆斯。

Universal Studios in Hollywood just launched Halloween Horror Nights and the top-selling costume was Batman.

好莱坞环球影城也才刚推出万圣节活动“恐怖之夜”,最受欢迎的扮演角色是蝙蝠侠。

No, thanks to George Clooney's ill-fated portrayal in the film Batman and Robin, his words not ours.

不,因为乔治·克鲁尼在电影《蝙蝠侠与罗宾》中不幸的表现,这话是他说的,可不是我们说的。

"I wasn't good in it, it wasn't a good film."

“我演得不好,那部电影部咋的。”

It’s the Season of Scary and that might have included scary books and movies like these.

既然万圣节主打的就是吓人,那我们今天就来聊聊几部吓人的书籍和电影,

You know, to help you get into the Halloween spirit.

你懂的,帮你热热身。

The book.

恐怖书籍。

The Fall Bookfair got you hooked on R.L. Stein.

这一年的秋季书展让你迷上了R.L.斯坦。

He’s a new book out called Werewolf Skin狼人皮 and you're feeling brave enough to read it.

他新出了一本书,叫《狼人皮》,你感觉自己是有那个胆量看这本书的。

"All ages like a good scary story."

“每个年龄段的人都喜欢看恐怖故事。”

"Hi, I'm R.L. Stein, I write the Goosebumps Books."

“大家好,我是R·L·斯坦,我是《鸡皮疙瘩》系列恐怖小说的作者。”

The second best-selling book series in history.

历史上第二畅销的系列作品。

What was the first?

那最畅销的呢

Obviously, Harry Potter.

当然是《哈利·波特》了。

I didn't want to do goosebumps.

我没想让大家看我的书看得起鸡皮疙瘩的。

But he did.

但他确实做到了。

They went out and they just sat on the shelf, did themselves.

那些书就那么出来了,上架的,他们自己出来,自己上架的。

And if something happened, it's a mystery.

如果真有什么,那也是个谜。

Kids discovered it somehow.

只是,孩子们不知怎么知道了这个谜。

It was the bookfair.

回到书展。

"We were selling four million Goosebumps Books a month."

“《鸡皮疙瘩》系列我们一个月就卖出去了四百万本。”

We love the night, you see."

显然,我们是很喜欢那一晚的时光的。”

2

The movie.

恐怖电影。

On the Halloween movie spectrum, there are lots of classics.

万圣节主题的电影有很多经典。

But our heart is loyal to one.

但我们的心只属于一部万圣节主题的电影。

Hocus Pocus. Sisters.

《女巫也疯狂》。姐妹们。

This is Doug Jones.

我是道格·琼斯。

The Amphibian Man from the shape of water, the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth.

《水形物语》中的人鱼,《潘神的迷宫》中的法翁,

Hush in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Billy Butcherson in Hocus Pocus.

《吸血鬼猎人巴菲》中五行战士之首,《女巫也疯狂》中的比利·布切森都是他演的。

"I was a zombie before zombies were cool. Okay."

“在大家觉得僵尸很酷之前,我就开始演僵尸了。好吧。”

"He was comedic and floppy and goofy, but kind of handsome."

“他很搞笑、比较懒散,有点傻乎乎的,但还算帅气。”

"I'm not handsome by the way, the makeup made me handsome."

“顺便说一句,我长得并不帅,都是化妆化帅的。”

"I loved being something otherworldly, in a happy light-hearted happy ending kind of story and that's rare."

“我喜欢演结局比较轻松快乐的作品里那种比较超凡脱俗的角色,但这种角色并不是很多。”

The really scary stories.

真正的恐怖故事。

For the past three decades,

过去的三十年里,

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark has been challenged and even banned from some schools and libraries across the U.S.

美国各地的学校和图书馆一直对《在黑暗中讲述的恐怖故事》这部作品持质疑甚至是封禁态度。

The drawings were just too scary.

因为里面的插图实在画得太吓人了。

So we tried to talk to Steven Kemal, the illustrator.

我们有试着和插画家史蒂芬·凯末尔谈这个事情。

But, he doesn't do interviews.

但是,他不接受采访。

However, in our pile of research, we found this.

不过,我们又做了大量的研究,最后找到了这个。

“Brett Helquist Re-Illustrates Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark”.

“布雷特·赫尔凯斯重画了《在黑暗中讲述的恐怖故事》的插图。”

So this is Brett Helquist, he is also an illustrator.

这位就是布雷特·赫尔凯斯,他也是一位插图画家。

You might recognize his work from a series of Unfortunate Events.

《不幸事件》里有好多他的作品。

But as we found out, he also had this other gig.

但正如我们发现的那样,他还有另一份工作。

He re-illustrated Scary Stories.

他重新给《恐怖故事》配了插图。

"When Harper Collins came to me, they asked me to re-illustrate those books."

“哈珀·柯林斯找过我,让我重新给那些书配插图。”

"I never imagined that I would upset anybody."

“我从没想过让任何人不开心。”

But it did.

结果可不就让一些人不开心了嘛。

As it turns out, Stephen Gammell's illustrations came with a pretty serious fan club.

事实证明,斯蒂芬·加梅尔的插图催生了一个很较真的粉丝群。

"I had great respect for the original illustration."

“我是非常尊重原画的。”

"But I love a good scary story."

“但我也喜欢好的恐怖故事。”

So around 100 new illustrations later,

就这样,加梅尔画了大约100幅新插图之后,

we now have a less scary but still fabulous Scary Stories to tell in the dark.

我们现在终于有了一版不那么可怕,但仍然非常赞的《在黑暗中讲述的恐怖故事》了。

So there you have it, your Halloween entertainment and some of the people behind it in 1997.

以上就是大家的万圣节娱乐节目,以及1997年的万圣节幕后故事的全部内容啦。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
portrayal [pɔ:'treiəl]

想一想再看

n. 描绘,肖像,画像

 
illustration [i.ləs'treiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 插图,例证,说明,图解

联想记忆
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
universal [.ju:ni'və:səl]

想一想再看

adj. 普遍的,通用的,宇宙的,全体的,全世界的

 
unfortunate [ʌn'fɔ:tʃənit]

想一想再看

adj. 不幸的,令人遗憾的,不成功的
n.

联想记忆
labyrinth ['læbərinθ]

想一想再看

n. 迷宫,难解的事件

联想记忆
classics ['klæsiks]

想一想再看

n. 古希腊、古罗马的文学著作 名词classic的复数

 
costume ['kɔstju:m]

想一想再看

n. 服装,剧装
vt. 提供服装,为 ...

联想记忆
mystery ['mistəri]

想一想再看

n. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物

 
classic ['klæsik]

想一想再看

n. 古典作品,杰作,第一流艺术家
adj.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。