And he's not the only one in the world.
他并不孤单。
Every year, 60,000 people are newly diagnosed with Parkinson's, and this number is only rising.
每年60000人被新诊断为帕金森综合征,而且以后会更多。
As designers, we dream that our designs solve these multifaceted problems,
作为设计者,我们希望我们的设计可以解决多方面的问题,
one solution that solves it all, but it need not always be like that.
一个方法就能一劳永逸,但往往事与愿违。
You can also target simple problems and create small solutions for them and eventually make a big impact.
你也可以通过解决一系列小问题,最终产生重大的影响。
So my aim here was to not cure Parkinson's, but to make their everyday tasks much more simple, and then make an impact.
所以我的重点不是治愈帕金森综合征,而是让病人每天更轻松,最后产生影响。
Well, the first thing I targeted was tremors, right?
那么第一个要解决的问题就是颤抖,对吧?
My uncle told me that he had stopped drinking coffee or tea in public just out of embarrassment,
叔叔告诉我他为了防止引起尴尬,已经不在公共场合喝咖啡或者茶了,
so, well, I designed the no-spill cup. It works just purely on its form.
所以我设计了防洒杯,通过设计一个样式达到目的。
The curve on top deflects the liquid back inside every time they have tremors,
每次使用者颤抖时,顶部的曲线可以让液体流回杯子,
and this keeps the liquid inside compared to a normal cup.
从而达到不会洒的目的。
But the key here is that it is not tagged as a Parkinson's patient product.
更关键的是它不会被贴上帕金森综合征患者产品的标签。
It looks like a cup that could be used by you, me, any clumsy person,
它就像一个你,我,每个笨手笨脚的人都会使用的杯子,
and that makes it much more comforting for them to use, to blend in.
这会让病人更好的融入社会。
So, well, one problem solved, many more to go.
所以第一个问题解决了,后面还有很多。