地点:中央公园咖啡馆
人物:钱德勒、凯西、乔伊
事件:钱德勒跟咖啡厅里心仪的女生凯西搭讪,没想到凯西却是乔伊新交的女朋友。
剧情片段
Chandler: Hi. Hi, I–I was just sitting over there①, and uh, Chandler. My name is Chandler. Did I say that?
钱德勒:(钱德勒走过去与他喜欢的女生凯西搭讪)嗨。嗨,我,我刚刚就坐那边,呃,钱德勒。我的名字叫钱德勒。我刚有说过吗?(钱德勒紧张得有些语无伦次)
Kathy: No, you didn’t. Hi, I’m Kathy.
凯西:没,你没说过。你好,我是凯西。
Chandler: Uh Kathy, with K or a C②?
钱德勒:哦,凯西。是以K开头还是C开头的那个?
Kathy: With a K.
凯西:K开头。
Chandler: Oh–oh–hey!
钱德勒:(不知道该说什么了)喔,喔,嗨!
Kathy: Wow! You are really good at this.2
凯西:哇哦!你可真擅长搭讪!
Chandler: Hey, come on, give me a break③, I’m out on a limb④ here.
钱德勒:嘿,拜托,给点面子嘛,看我现在多尴尬啊。
Kathy: I’m sorry, you’re right, I apologize, but I should tell you that I’m waiting for a date⑤. Oh, and there he is now.
凯西:不好意思,你说得对,我道歉。不过我不得不告诉你,我正有约呢。(乔伊从外面推门进入咖啡厅)啊,而且现在他来了。
Joey: Hey!3
乔伊:嗨!
Chandler: Hey! Hey, hey–hey, hey.
钱德勒:(更加尴尬)嗨! 嗨, 嘿,嘿,嗨。(乔伊亲吻了一下凯西。)
Joey: Hey, I see you guys already met, huh?
乔伊:嘿, 你们已经认识了,嗯?
Chandler: Yes–yes, I was just trying to figure out a way to demonstrate how I could get my exceptionally large feet into my even bigger mouth.4
钱德勒:对,对,我刚才正在努力想,该示范我怎么把我大得出奇的脚正好放在我更大的嘴里。
Joey: Didn’t I tell you? Always showing off⑥.
乔伊:我早跟你说过吧?钱德勒最爱炫了!
n. 枝干,树枝,肢体
vt. 切断(树枝,手