It takes a lot of discipline to start a ritual, but once we start it, after a month when it's habituated,
开始一件例行公事需要大量自律,但一旦开始,当一个月后它已成为习惯
when it's grooved in, when the neural pathway has begun to form, then we can move onto the next ritual and introduce it, if we are ready.
已经铭心刻骨,神经通路已经建立时,我们就可以建立下一件例行公事了,如果准备好了的话
No more than two. Ideally one ritual.
不要超过两个,最好是一个
Next week in your response paper, you are going to choose a ritual,
下周你们交的论文中,就要选择一样例行公事
two rituals for this month that hopefully you will, you will also introduce.
这个月的两件,你们可以写一下
Because there cannot be change without behavioral change.
因为没有行为变化,也就不会有改变
Loehr and Schwartz: "Incremental change is better than ambitious failure. Success feeds on itself.
洛尔和施瓦茨说:逐步的改变好过雄心勃勃的失败。成功建立在成功之上
We see it on individual level. We see it on organizational level.
可以从个人水平上看到,可以在组织水平上看到
John Carter from the business school does a lot of work on change in organizations in the realm of leadership.
商学院的约翰·卡特做了很多努力来改变领导层的架构
What he talks about a lot is how you need small successes and then build them these successess.
他经常说你需要小的成功,然后逐渐积累成最终的成功
The Dalai Lama: "There isn't anything that isn't made easier through constant familiarity and training.
达赖喇嘛说:唯有长期坚持和熟悉,方能使事情变得容易
Through training we can change; we can transform ourselves.
通过训练我们可以改变,可以重塑自我
You know, one thing that happened to me when I was an undergraduate. It happened in my sophomore year.
你们知道,我还在读大学时发生过一件事。是在我大二的那年
I didn't... I played at the Varsity team. Didn't have a good season.
我没有……我当时在校队。没有在赛季里有很好的表现
My sophomore year was burned out, got injured. And couldn't wait for the 1st of March.
我的大二简直一塌糊涂,还受伤了。我迫不及待地等三月一日
March 1 is the last, and March 2 sometimes, is the last day of the season.
三月一日是……有时是三月二日,是赛季的最后一天
And I couldn't wait, because after that I could stop playing squash and focus on my studies.
我迫不及待等那一天是因为那之后我就可以不打壁球,专心学习了