Chapter Fifteen The Quidditch Final
第十五章 魁地奇决赛
'He — he sent me this,'Hermione said, holding out the letter. Harry took it.
“他——他给我送来了这个。”赫敏说着把那封信拿给了他们。哈利接了过来。
The parchment was damp, and enormous teardrops had smudged the ink so badly in places that it was very difficult to read.
这张羊皮纸是湿的,大大的泪滴弄得墨迹模糊,有些地方很难辨认。
Dear Hermione, We lost.
亲爱的赫敏:我们输了。
I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts.
允许我带它回到霍格沃茨。
Execution date to be fixed. Beaky has enjoyed London.
执行死刑的日期有待决定。巴克比克喜欢伦敦。
I won't forget all the help you gave us. Hagrid
我不会忘记你给我们的所有帮助。海格
'They can't do this,'said Harry. 'They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous.'
“他们不能这样做,”哈利说,“他们不能。巴克比克不危险。”
'Malfoy's dad's frightened the Committee into it, 'said Hermione, wiping her eyes.
“马尔福的爸爸威胁委员会要他们这样做。”赫敏说,一面擦着眼睛。
'You know what he's like. They're a bunch of doddery old fools, and they were scared.
“你知道他这个人。委员会是一批老得哆哆嗦嗦的傻瓜,被他吓住了。
There'll be an appeal, though, there always is. Only I can't see any hope ... nothing will have changed.'
虽然还可以上诉,那总是可以的。只是我看不到任何希望……什么也改变不了。”
'Yeah, it will,'said Ron fiercely. 'You won't have to do all the work alone this time, Hermione. I'll help.'
“不。会改变的。”罗恩狂怒着说,“这次你不必一个人做全部工作了,赫敏。我会帮忙的。”
'Oh, Ron!' Hermione flung her arms around Ron's neck and broke down completely.
“哦,罗恩!”赫敏双臂搂住罗恩的脖子,完全崩溃了。
Ron, looking quite terrified, patted her very awkwardly on the top of the head.
罗恩吓得很厉害,尴尬地拍着她的头顶以示安慰。
Finally, Hermione drew away. 'Ron, I'm really, really sorry about Scabbers ...'she sobbed.
最后,赫敏站开了。“罗恩,斑斑的事我真正、真正感到遗憾……”她抽泣起来。
'Oh — well — he was old,'said Ron, looking thoroughly relieved that she had let go of him.
“哦——唔——它老了,”罗恩说,看上去因为赫敏放开了他而彻底松了口气,
'And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might get me an owl now.'
“而且它有点没用。你不知道,现在爸妈也许会给我弄只猫头鹰呢。”