"You need not look in that way," I said;
“你不必摆出那付面孔来,”我说。
"if you do, I'll wear nothing but my old Lowood frocks to the end of the chapter.
“要是你这样,我就始终什么也不穿,光穿我那身罗沃德学校的旧外套。
I'll be married in this lilac gingham:
结婚的时候我穿那套淡紫方格布衣服:
you may make a dressing-gown for yourself out of the pearl-grey silk,
你自己尽可以用珠灰色丝绸做一件睡袍,
and an infinite series of waistcoats out of the black satin."
用黑色的缎子做无数件背心。”
He chuckled; he rubbed his hands. "Oh, it is rich to see and hear her?" he exclaimed.
他哧地笑了起来,一面搓着手。“呵,看她那样子,听她说话真有趣!”他大声叫了起来。
"Is she original? Is she piquant?
“她不是不可多得的吗?她不是很泼辣的吗?
I would not exchange this one little English girl for the Grand Turk's whole seraglio, gazelle-eyes, houri forms, and all!"
我可不愿用这个英国小姑娘去换取土耳其王后宫的全部嫔妃,即便她们有羚羊般眼睛,女神一般的形体!”
The Eastern allusion bit me again.
这个东方的比喻又一次刺痛了我。
"I'll not stand you an inch in the stead of a seraglio," I said; "so don't consider me an equivalent for one.
“我丝毫比不了你后宫中的嫔妃,”我说,“所以你就别把我同她们相提并论。
If you have a fancy for anything in that line, away with you, sir, to the bazaars of Stamboul without delay,
要是你喜欢这类东西,那你就走吧,先生,立刻就到伊斯坦布尔的市场上去,
and lay out in extensive slave-purchases some of that spare cash you seem at a loss to spend satisfactorily here."
把你不知道如何开开心心在这儿花掉的部分现金,投入到大宗奴隶购买上去。”