Until women have supportive employers and colleagues as well as partners who share family responsibilities, they don't have real choice.
在一位女性拥有支持她的雇主和同事、家里有分担家庭责任的伴侣之前,她别无选择。
And until men are fully respected for contributing inside the home, they don't have real choice either.
在一位顾家的男性赢得舆论完全的尊重前,他也别无选择。
Equal opportunity is not equal unless everyone receives the encouragement that makes seizing those opportunities possible.
除非每个人都受到鼓励去把握可能的机会,否则所谓的“平等的机会”就称不上“平等”。
Only then can both men and women achieve their full potential.
只有这样,男性和女性才能够共同发挥出自己的潜力。
None of this is attainable unless we pursue these goals together.
这些目标只有我们一起努力才能实现。
Men need to support women and, I wish it went without saying, women need to support women too.
男人要支持女人,我希望下面这句是多此一举:女人也要支持女人。
Stanford professor Deborah Gruenfeld makes the case: "We need to look out for one another, work together, and act more like a coalition.
斯坦福大学教授德波拉·格林费尔德说得对:“我们要在乎彼此,像一个联合体那样共同努力和行动。
As individuals, we have relatively low levels of power.
作为个人,我们的力量相对弱小;
Working together, we are fifty percent of the population and therefore have real power."
但携起手来,占人口一半的我们就会拥有真正的力量。”
As obvious as this sounds, women have not always worked together in the past.
这个道理虽好懂,但搁在过去,女性不会总是结盟。
In fact, there are many discouraging examples where women have actually done the opposite.
事实证明,有很多时候,她们的做法恰好相反。
We are a new generation and we need a new approach.
我们是新的一代,我们需要用崭新的方式改变这种状况。
In the summer of 2012, my former Google colleague Marissa Mayer was named CEO of Yahoo.
2012年夏天,我在谷歌时的同事玛丽萨·迈耶出任雅虎的首席执行官。
Like several of her friends and the Yahoo board, I knew that she was heading into her third trimester of pregnancy.
她的朋友,雅虎的董事会,还有我都知道她已经进入怀孕的最后阶段。