She would scream down the street, 'get your head up!' on my way to school.
她会在我上学的时候,在街上喊抬起你的头来
People I've often heard them comment to her. I can always tell you child are on the playground.
我常听见别人对她说,我一眼就能在操场找出你的小孩
We were brought up the great sense of pride.
我们就是在这种骄傲的氛围里长大的
Get your head up, walk up straight when you watch Marva Collins. That's how she walks.
抬起你的头,直着走,如果你仔细观察玛瓦·柯林斯,你会发现她就是这么走路的
That's how she carries herself. And that communicates a message to her students to other people to herself.
她的姿势就是如此,并因此给她的学生和其他人、也给她自己传递了一种信息
I'm gonna jump to this point. So very often behavioral change is gradual.
我现在要跳过一些内容。所以大部分行为上的变化都是渐进式的
So what is the acute change. The acute change is about coping. It's about putting ourselves on the line.
那什么是突发式变化呢?突发式变化关注的是如何应对,关注的是承担风险
And when we cope, the important thing... when we to... it's to take risks.
当我们去应对的时候,我们需要冒险
It's to do something we don't feel comfortable doing.
需要做一些不太愿意做的事
In other words, it's about exiting our comfort zone and entering our stretch zone
换句话说,就是离开舒适区,进入学习区
Now what I wanna do now is share with you two stories from, from my past,
现在我要给大家讲两个我自己的故事
two stories that initially you will see unconnected, but as you will understand soon are very much connected.
这两个故事乍听起来毫不相干,但如果大家听明白了的话,就会发现它们息息相关
One a difficult story, the other a difficult story. My first memory.
第一个故事不轻松,另一个也不轻松。我的第一个人生记忆
You know most people can, most people have a first memory the first time when the first thing that you remember. My first memory is from September 1973.
大家知道当人们开始记事的时候,记得的第一件事就是第一个人生记忆。我的第一个人生记忆是发生在1973年9月
I was almost 3 years old.
那时我快满三岁了