Death is still a mysterious and unknown subject for all of us.
对我们而言,死亡仍是未知的神秘。
We see it often in our favorite films and books but what's the real scoop on it?
我们常在最喜欢的电影和书籍中看到死亡,但死亡到底有什么神秘呢?
Here are five surprising facts about death you would have never guessed.
以下是你绝对猜不到的死亡真相。
1. When a person dies their hearing is the last sense to go.
1. 当一个人去世时,他的听觉是最后一个消失的。
Although not scientifically proven, Zachary Pallas, a medical director believes that hearing is the last sense to go when we die.
虽然还没有科学证实,但医科主任Zachary Pallas认为听觉是去世时最后一个消失的。
He states that when death seems near, family and friends always share their last thoughts.
他表示当死亡临近,家人和朋友总是会分享他们最后的心声。
Although it becomes clear that blood pressure is dropping and the person is fading out,
虽然血压会下降,他也会慢慢失去知觉离我们而去,
we often believe they can still hear what we're saying.
但我们通常认为他们仍然可以听到我们说的话。
2. You can't actually die of old age.
2. 不可能老死。
You've probably heard this many times but you can't actually die because you're getting old.
你可能听说过,但是你真的不可能老死。
Instead people often die from inactivity or disease that comes with aging.
相反,人们常常会因伴随年老而来的静止或疾病而亡。
As far as records show, old age hasn't been scientifically recognized as a direct cause of death.
根据记录,年老并不被科学认为是一种直接死因。
3. People see a white light at the end of the tunnel before they die.
3. 人们会在死前看到通道末尾处有一道白光。
Give us a thumbs up if you always thought movies only did this to be dramatic but this is actually true.
如果你总认为电影里的这种场面只是为了营造戏剧性效果,那么你错了。这是真的。
David Hoffde from the UCLA Brain Injury Research Center
UCLA脑损伤研究中心的David Hoffde表示
says that most of your regions in your brain shut down right before it's time to go
大脑的大部分区域在死前都会关闭
making it hard for you to process things visually. This is why it's only possible for people to see a white light and nothing else.
因此你难以用视觉处理事物。所以人们除了白光什么也看不到。
4. Out-of-body experiences are common in near-death cases.
4. 灵魂出窍的经历在濒临死亡时非常常见。
Researchers in Switzerland can explain this. Apparently when you have a near-death experience,
瑞士的研究人员可以解释这一点。显然,当你经历灵魂出窍时,
it causes the right side of your brain to be stimulated giving you those sixth sense fives.
这会刺激我们大脑的右侧,让你拥有第六感。
It can feel so intense that you may get the sensation that your body is floating in space.
这种感觉非常强烈,所以你会觉得自己的身体漂浮在了空中。
5. Facing death will give you transformational potential.
5. 面临死亡会给你蜕变的潜能。
We understand that death is scary for many of us
我们明白很多人害怕死亡
but our attitudes towards death can play a big role on a transformational potential.
但是我们对死亡的态度在蜕变潜能中起到了大作用。
Dr. Steven Taylor says that when we face death directly and accept it for what it is
Steven Taylor博士称当我们直面死亡并接受死亡时,
we can surpass our anxieties and live our lives to the fullest.
我们可以克服焦虑并尽最大努力去生活。
Which of these facts did you find most intriguing? Do you have anything else to share about death?
你觉得以上哪一个事实最能引起你的兴趣?关于死亡你有什么想要分享的吗?
Please share your thoughts with us below. Also don't forget to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips
请在下方和我们分享你的想法。还有不要忘记订阅我们的频道获取更多有用妙招
and share this video with others. With your help we can reach more people and provide our support. Thanks for watching.
并和他人分享本期视频。有了大家的帮助,我们可以为更多人提供我们的支持。感谢收看。