They all scrambled out of bed; Harry reached the dormitory door first, and they sprinted back down the staircase.
他们都爬出了床,哈利第一个来到宿舍门边,他们全速奔跑下了楼。
Doors opened behind them, and sleepy voices called after them.
他们身后的门一扇扇打开了,许多睡意朦胧的声音向他们发问。
'Who shouted?'
“刚才是谁在大叫?”
'What're you doing?'
“你们在干吗?”
The common room was lit by the glow of the dying fire, still littered with debris from the party. It was deserted.
壁炉里的余烬照亮了公共休息室,室内到处有着联欢会留下的垃圾。室内空无一人。
'Are you sure you weren't dreaming, Ron?'
“你肯定不是在做梦吗,罗恩?”
'I'm telling you, I saw him!'
“我告诉你们,我看见他了!”
'What's all the noise?'
“这么多声音是干吗呢?”
'Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed!'
“麦格教授叫我们都上床!”
A few of the girls had come down their staircase, pulling on dressing-gowns and yawning. Boys, too, were reappearing.
有几个女生从楼梯上下来了,披着晨衣,打着哈欠。男生们也陆续出现了。
'Excellent, are we carrying on?' said Fred Weasley brightly.
“棒极了,联欢会开下去好吗?”弗雷德韦斯莱欢快地说。
'Everyone back upstairs!' said Percy, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pyjamas as he spoke.
“大家都回到楼上去!”珀西说。他忙着赶到公共休息室。一面说话一面把他那男生学生会主席的徽章别在睡衣上。
'Perce — Sirius Black!' said Ron faintly. 'In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!'
“珀西——小天狼星布莱克!”罗恩无力地说,“在我们宿舍里!拿着刀!把我弄醒了!”
The common room went very still.
公共休息室里鸦雀无声。
'Nonsense!' said Percy, looking startled. 'You had too much to eat, Ron — had a nightmare —'
“胡说!”珀西说,看上去也吓着了。“你吃多了,罗恩,做噩梦了——”
'I'm telling you —'
“我告诉你——”
'Now, really, enough's enough!'
“好啦,够了,别再说了!”
Professor McGonagall was back.
麦格教授回来了。
She slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared furiously around.
她走进公共休息室后就砰的一声关上身后肖像画上的洞,狂怒地环顾四周。
'I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!'
“格兰芬多赢了比赛,我很高兴,但你们现在这样太可笑了!珀西,我原是指望你有更好的表现的!”
'I certainly didn't authorise this, Professor!' said Percy, puffing himself up indignantly.
“我肯定没有让他们这么干。教授!”珀西说,义愤填膺地让自己趾高气扬起来。
'I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare —'
“我正在叫他们都回到床上去!我弟弟罗恩做了个噩梦——”
'IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!' Ron yelled. 'PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!'
“不是噩梦!”罗恩使劲叫,“教授,我醒过来,小天狼星布莱克站在我面前,拿着一把刀!”