Despite the chaos and confusion in our worlds, I see winds of hope blowing around teh globe.
尽管我们的世界一片喧嚣,一片混乱,但我还是看到希望之风吹遍了世界各地。
It is a historic meeting, Kim Jong-un has become the first North Korean leader to visit the south since the Korean war.
这是一次历史性的会面,金正恩成为了朝鲜战争以来首位访问韩国的朝鲜领导人。
Families split either side of the Ethiopian-Eritrean border finally able to speak to each other for the first time in decades.
时隔数十年后,埃塞俄比亚和厄立特里亚边境两侧的家庭终于能够相互通话了。
Far right candidate Jair Bolsonaro has won Brazil's presidential race. Jacob Zuma will step down as South Africa's president.
极右翼候选人雅伊尔·博索纳罗赢得了巴西总统大选。雅各布·祖玛将辞去南非总统一职。
Does this House want to deliver Brexit?
大家还想不想实现脱欧了?
The Irish people have voted in favor of scrapping a constitutional ban on abortion.
爱尔兰人民投票赞成废除宪法对堕胎的禁令。
This is about women taking their rightful place in Irish society finally.
这件事事关妇女最终在爱尔兰社会中获得应有地位的问题。
A Chinese researcher claims to have helped make the world's first births of genetically altered humans.
中国某研究人员声称,他帮助制造了世界上第一批转基因人类。
It's very disturbing. It's inappropriate.
他们这么做不仅会引起大家的恐慌,也不合适。
A data analysis firm linked to the Trump campaign retained the personal information of more than 50 million users.
一家与特朗普竞选活动有关的数据分析公司留存了5000多万用户的个人信息。
We didn't take a broad enough view of our responsibility, and that was a big mistake.
我们没有以宽广的眼界看待我们的责任,为此我们犯下了很大的错误。
17 people killed in (connection with) a mass shooting .
一场大规模枪击事件造成了17人死亡。
A mass shooting at a Florida highschool. a synagogue in Pittsburgh.
佛罗里达州一所高中发生大规模枪击案。案发地点为匹兹堡犹太教堂。
The gunman opened fire.
枪手开枪了。
I don't want prayers.
我不要你们的祈祷。
I don't want thoughts.
也不要你们的看法。
I want gun control and I hope to God that nobody else sends me any more prayers.
我只想要枪支得到管制,我祈求上帝不要再让我们收到任何人的祈祷信了。
Thousands of students are expected to walk out of their schools---a mass protest across the nation against gun violence.
成千上万的学生将走出他们的学校——加入一场全国范围的大规模抗议枪支暴力游行。
A new report by the UN carries a stark warning.
联合国的一份新报告发出了严厉的警告。
Millions more people will die from extreme heat by the year 2040.
在2040年之前,还会有数百万人死于极端高温。
India's Kerala state was hit by the worst flooding it's seen in a century.
印度喀拉拉邦遭遇一个世纪以来最为严重的一次洪灾。
A powerful, 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck the island of Sulawesi Friday. Several separate enormous wildfires are taking a terrible toll.
周五,苏拉威西岛发生7.5级大地震。几场独立的特大火灾造成了严重的损失。
The stuff we lost isn't as important as the fact that our family's all torn apart.
比起我们的家庭因为地震垮掉了,损失的那些东西都算不了什么。
Yemen's humanitarian crisis is escalating to devastating levels.
也门的人道主义危机正在升级到毁灭性的地步。
The United Nations warns up to 13 million civilians are at risk of starvation.
联合国警告说,将近1300万平民面临饥饿的危险。
The administration's new crackdown on illegal immigration at the border,
政府对边境非法移民实行新一轮打击,
over a six week period nearly 2,000 kids were separated from nearly as many adults.
在六周时间里,将近2000名儿童与几乎同样多的成年人骨肉分离。
You know, they have a word. It sort of became old-fashioned. It's called a "nationalist."
你们知道吗,有种说法。虽然现在已经有点过时了。这个说法就是“民族主义者”。
You know what I am? I'm a nationalist, okay.
你们知道我是什么人吗?我就是个民族主义者,知道了吗?
In Paris, violent clashes erupted between police and protesters for the third straight weekend.
在巴黎,警察和抗议者之间的暴力冲突已经进入了第三个周的周末。
We pay so many taxes, it's impossible now to have a good life for us.
我们交了那么多的税,现在却已经不可能过上好日子了。
This is Jamal Khashoggi captured on closed circuit cameras, stepping into what Turkish authorities believe was a death trap.
这是贾马尔·哈绍吉进入土耳其当局认为是死亡陷阱的地方时被闭路摄像机捕捉到的画面。
I am here today not because I want to be.
我今天站到这里并不是因为我想站在这里。
I am terrified.
我的内心是非常害怕的。
Look at me when I'm talking to you. You're telling me that my assault doesn't matter.
你抬起头来,我在跟你说话。你竟然好意思跟我说我遭受的侮辱无关紧要。
That what happened to me doesn't matter.
说发生在我身上的事无关紧要。
Bill Cosby becomes the first celebrity to be convicted in the Me Too era.
比尔·科斯比成了“我也是”运动爆发以来第一个被定罪的名人。
I've dreamt of this day for 32 years.
我盼这一天已经盼了32年了。
Abusers: your time is up.
虐待者们;你们的时间到了。
The survivors are here.
我们这些幸存者们已经站到了这里。
Standing tall. And we are not going anywhere.
高高地站在这里,我们哪里也不会去。
Falling on your knees, praying.
跪下,祈祷。
What I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have.
我可以肯定地告诉你们,说真话是我们所有人拥有的最有力的武器。
So I want all the girls watching here and now to know that a new day is on the horizon.
所以,我希望,所有现在正在电视机前的女孩们知道,新的一天即将到来。
The midterm elections were full of historic firsts.
本届中期选举充满了一个有一个的创举。
The first Muslim women…first Native American women…first openly gay man elected governor…
首个穆斯林女性……首个印第安女性……首个公开的同性恋男子当选为州长…
It means something, to kids and people, to see images that reflect themselves.
对孩子和对大家来说,看到代表自己的形象当选是一件意义非凡的事情。
It's historical.
这可以说是历史性的时刻。
It moves me, like it moves me to tears.
让我感动,感动得流泪。
That is going to have an impact, because imagery does, you know, representation does.
会产生影响的,因为,形象,你知道的,和代表是会带来影响的。
France are the champions of the world!
法国赢得了世界杯冠军!
All 12 boys and their soccer coach have now been rescued from that flooded cave in Thailand.
所有12名男孩和他们的足球教练现在已经从泰国被洪水淹没的洞穴中获救。
An immigrant from Mali is being called a real life Spider-Man after he rescued a child dangling from a balcony.
一名来自马里的移民从阳台上救下了一名即将坠楼的儿童,被誉为“现实版蜘蛛侠”。
Look at this.
大家请看。
You know, I guess one person can make a difference.
你知道嘛,我觉得,一个人也是能改变世界的。
There are no limits to the human spirit.
人的精神是没有尽头的。
Touchdown confirmed.
确认着陆。
I believe what makes us unique is transcending our limits.
我认为,让我们与众不同的是我们能不断超越我们的极限。
I would much rather fail gloriously than not venture, not try.
我宁愿光荣地失败,也不要不敢冒险,不敢尝试。