Then he stood up and delivered a long rant about how the United States had no business doing anything in Eastern Europe, period.
然后他站起来发表了一篇美国如何无权干涉东欧事务的演说。
And this is coming from a Russian who moved to the United States.
这来自于一位移居到美国的俄罗斯人。
It wasn't as if he hated America; he loves living in America.
他并不讨厌美国;他很喜欢在美国的生活。
It's just that he was giving a... he was being a Russian, giving a traditional Russian view on the subject.
他只是给了……他只是个俄罗斯人,表达了俄罗斯在这个问题上的传统看法。
I was very grateful to him for speaking up, because international viewpoints just don't march into my classroom every day of the week.
我很感谢他说了出来,因为国际上的看法并不会每天都进入我的课堂。
I was also grateful for the fact that he was very polite about the way he voiced his strong opposition to American policy.
我也很感激他能够很有礼貌地表达自己对美国政策的强烈不满。
I encourage you to seek opposing opinions.
我鼓励大家发现不同的看法。
Whether you find them from international students here, on the internets, and wherever else you can get them, it's all good.
不管是通过这里的国际学生,还是网络,不管你在哪儿得到这些看法,都会很好。
And as always, say what you think, but say it politely.
而且,说出你的看法,是要礼貌地说出来。
I hope that I've said this all politely, too.
我希望我也是很礼貌地讲的。
Thank you for putting up with it.
谢谢大家这么耐心地听我说。