Dialogue 1
Jingjing: There you are, Mark. You're a little early?
京晶:你已经来啦,马克。你来的早了点儿吧?
Mark: Only a few minutes. I can play with my phone until you're finished up. You've had lunch already, right?
马克:早来了几分钟而已。等你完事时,我可以玩玩手机。你吃完午饭了,是吧?
Jingjing: No. I lost track of the time and missed the chance to go to the cafeteria.
京晶:没有啊。我忘记了时间,错过了去餐厅。
Mark: Really? Don't be such a workaholic, Jingjing? It's not like you to neglect your health.
马克:真的吗?工作可别太拼命了!京晶,忽视健康可不是你的风格。
Jingjing: I know. I know. What did you have?
京晶:我知道,我知道。你午餐吃的什么?
Mark: Um, actually, I made a slow start this morning and haven't had anything to eat yet.
马克:嗯,实际上,我今天早晨起得很晚,动作也慢,到现在还什么都没吃呢。
Jingjing: We're both in the same boat, then. How about we order something?
京晶:那我们是彼此彼此了。那,不如点些外卖吧?
Mark: Have you tried Kingdom Crisp? That's the new salad chain. They deliver.
马克:你在Kingdom Crisp这家店吃过吗?是一家新开的沙拉连锁店。他们有外卖。
Jingjing: I saw that at the shopping mall. Is it any good?
京晶:在购物中心见到过。这家店还不错吧?
Mark: I only tried it once—a Caesar salad with chicken. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Caesar salads; but I wasn't disappointed.
马克:我只吃过一次。吃的是凯撒鸡肉沙拉。我对凯撒沙拉是很挑剔的,但他家没让我失望。
Jingjing: I always worry that a salad isn't enough to make a meal.
京晶:我总是担心光吃沙拉不能叫一顿饭吧。
Mark: Hmm. Last time, I walked away not sure if I was full. But then I didn't feel hungry for several hours. That's more than I can say about most fast food.
马克:呃……上次我吃完离开的时候就觉得不怎么饱。但,几个小时后,我也没感到饿。比其他的快餐真是要好很多。
Jingjing: I guess those salad places are all the rage. They seem to be popping up everywhere.
京晶:我觉得沙拉餐厅现在非常风靡。似乎一下子就遍布大街小巷了。
Mark: Yeah, people are really getting into fresh food. You know, you get a lot of nutrients from raw vegetables that would be lost if they were cooked.
马克:是啊,人们真的开始喜欢上新鲜食物。你知道,你能够从生鲜蔬菜中获得大量营养素,烹调后,这些营养素就会丢失。
Jingjing: Right. Why don't you go ahead and order for yourself. I need a few more minutes to work. I might order something if I get an idea.
京晶:是这样的。那要不你就先给自己点一份吧。我还要工作个几分钟。等我想好了,我自己点。
Mark: Ok. That gives me time to decide what I want this time. You sure you don't want a salad?马克:好吧。正好给我时间决定这次吃点儿什么。你确定你不想吃沙拉吗?
Jingjing: I'll see what yours looks like when it comes.
京晶:等你的来了,我先看看什么样儿。
New words : 习语短语
lost track of 忘记,没注意
forgot, didn't pay attention to
workaholic 工作控
someone who works all the time, addicted to work
in the same boat 身处同一种情况下
facing the same situation
all the rage 风靡一时,非常流行
very popular
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Ok. I'm all done with work. Hasn't your food come yet?
京晶:好啦,我的工作完成啦。你的外卖送来了吗?
Mark: It's been a long time. I'm hoping the delivery guy will call any second.
马克:已经等了好久了。我正期待快递小哥分分钟来电。
Jingjing: I ordered something already. Let's see whose lunch comes first.
京晶:我的也已经点了。我们看看谁的午餐先到。
Mark: All right. The loser has to go get hot drinks.
马克:好啊!谁输谁负责买热饮。
Jingjing: You're on! I bet you'll never guess what I ordered.
京晶:一言为定!我敢打赌你肯定猜不出我点了什么。
Mark: Don't make me play the guessing game, Jingjing. I'm too hungry to think!
马克:京晶,拜托,别总让我玩猜测游戏。我已经饿得没力气思考了。
Jingjing: Ok. I'll go easy on you. Oh, there's someone calling me now...
京晶:那好吧。不为难你了。哦,有人打电话给我……
Mark: Was it your food?
马克:是你点外卖来了吗?
Jingjing: Yeah. He's coming up the elevator now.
京晶:是啊。外卖小哥已经上电梯了。
Mark: Lucky you! I have to go downstairs to get mine. I just got the message. I'll be right back.
马克:你真幸运!我还得下楼去取我的。我刚刚收到信息。我马上回来。
Jingjing: ...See what I got?
京晶:……看看我点了什么?
Mark: No way! You got hot pot? Now the whole office smells like a restaurant.
马克:不会吧!你点了火锅?这下整个办公室全都是餐馆味了。
Jingjing: That's ok. I'll open some windows later. You want some?
京晶:没事的。我一会儿打开几扇窗户。你想吃点儿吗?
Mark: Only if you'll try this salad.
马克:行,除非你也尝尝我的沙拉。
Jingjing: Deal! Let's dig in!
京晶:就这么定了!我们开吃吧!
New words : 习语短语
go easy on you 把……事情,弄得容易些,轻松些
don't give someone a hard time, even if they've made a mistake
dig in 大吃特吃
eat heavily, without worrying about table manners