And whenever a ball comes toward you, automatically you don't even need to think about it. It gravitates.
只有有球飞过来,你不需要再考虑。它被吸引
Your mind gravitates toward that particular path or paths, many paths that tell you "lift it up and hit".
你的思维被引向那个或那些特别的通道,很多通道,告诉你"举起球拍击球"
It's automatic. Same with music.
完全是自动的,音乐也是如此
And what it has shown is people who practice music regularly or practice a sport regularly, their brain actually changes its shape.
经常练习演奏的人,或经常练习一种运动的人,他们的大脑真的会改变形状
More neural pathways are created around these areas that mean "let me play a C now"
更多神经通道在那个区域形成,"让我演奏C调"
or "let me move my fingers in this way" based on somthing that I see on the page.
"让我的手指这样移动",根据我看到的乐章
Certain neural pathways are created, and the brain actually becomes thicker in these areas.
特定的神经通道被创造出来,大脑在那些区域变成更厚
Or more experience flow in: the more we do it, the more they flow
更多经验流入,做得越多,经验流入的越多
Until it becomes grooved and I don't need to think about how to play C-. It's automatic.
直到它变成沟槽,让我不需要考虑就能演奏降C调。完全是自动的
They did a research. This was the first research, one of the first research projects where they found the brain actually changes.
他们做过一项研究。这是做过的首批研究中的一项,让他们发现大脑其实是改变的
They took taxi drivers or freshly minted taxi drivers from London
他们让伦敦的出租车司机或新手司机
And what they had to do, to become, to get their certificate, their approval, they had to study the map of London.
他们如果想获得执业证,他们的许可,他们必须学习伦敦地图
Now the map of London is much more complicated than study the map of New York.
伦敦地图比纽约地图复杂得多
Those of you who have been to London.
去过伦敦的人都知道
But they studied and they spent a lot of time. What they found was the brain,
但他们花很多时间研究地图。他们发现司机们的大脑
part of their visual cortex actually changed from before they started to study the maps of London to after.
他们的视觉皮质的一部分发生变化,在司机学习伦敦地图前后
Because they were working that part of the brain.
因为他们在使用那部分大脑