His eyes moved from the golden registration number at the top of the handle right down to the perfectly smooth, streamlined birch twigs that made up the tail.
他的眼睛从飞天扫帚最上端的金色序号一直看到完全平滑、呈流线型的扫帚末稍。
'Who sent it to you?' said Ron in a hushed voice.
“是谁送给你的?”罗恩悄声问道。
'Look and see if there's a card,' said Harry.
“看看是不是有卡片。”哈利说。
Ron ripped apart the Firebolt's wrappings.
罗恩撕开火弩箭的包装纸。
'Nothing! Blimey, who'd spend that much on you?'
“什么也没有!哎呀,谁为你花这么多钱啊?”
'Well,' said Harry, feeling stunned, 'I'm betting it wasn't the Dursleys.'
“唔,”哈利说,诧异得不得了,“我敢打赌不是德思礼家。”
'I bet it was Dumbledore,' said Ron, now walking round and round the Firebolt, taking in every glorious inch.
“我打赌是邓布利多,”罗恩说,绕着辉煌的火弩箭走了又走,从头到尾看了个仔细,
'He sent you the Invisibility Cloak anonymously...'
“他不是匿名给你送过隐形衣吗?”
'That was my dad's, though,' said Harry. 'Dumbledore was just passing it on to me.
“不过那是我爸爸的呀,”哈利说,“邓布利多只是把它交给我罢了。
He wouldn't spend hundreds of Galleons on me.
他不会在我身上花这么多钱的。
He can't go giving students stuff like this —'
他可不能给学生这样贵重的东西。”
'That's why he wouldn't say it was from him!' said Ron. 'In case some git like Malfoy said it was favouritism.
“所以他才不说这是他送的呀!”罗恩说,“要不然像马尔福这样的家伙就会说他偏心了。
Hey, Harry —' Ron gave a great whoop of laughter, 'Malfoy!
嘿,哈利——”罗恩大笑起来,“马尔福!
Wait 'til he sees you on this! He'll be sick as a pig!
等他看见你骑着这把扫帚!他会难受死的!
This is an international-standard broom, this is!'
这是一把国际水平的扫帚,真的!”
'I can't believe this,' Harry muttered, running a hand along the Firebolt, while Ron sank onto Harry's bed, laughing his head off at the thought of Malfoy.
“我真不能相信,”哈利嘟囔道,一手抚摸着这把扫帚,罗恩这时躺到哈利的床上,想到马尔福会是什么模样就笑得气都喘不过来。
'Who —?' 'I know,' said Ron, controlling himself. 'I know who it could've been — Lupin!'
“谁——?”“我知道了,”罗恩说,尽量压下笑声,“我知道可能是谁送的了——卢平!”