Oh, of course! You have seen my daughters? Yes.
呵,当然:你看见我女儿了吗?看到了。
Well, you may tell them I wish you to stay till I can talk some things over with you I have on my mind.
好吧,那你可以告诉她们,我希望你呆着,直到我能谈谈一些我心里想着的事情。
Tonight it is too late, and I have a difficulty in recalling them.
今天夜里已经太晚了,而且回忆起来有困难。
But there was something I wished to say -- let me see.
不过有些事情我很想说--让我想想看。
The wandering look and changed utterance told what wreck had taken place in her once vigorous frame.
游移的目光和走了样的语调表明,她那一度精力旺盛的肌体,已经元气大伤。
Turning restlessly, she drew the bedclothes round her.
她焦躁地翻着身,用被头将自己裹好。
My elbow, resting on a corner of the quilt, fixed it down.
我的一只胳膊时正好搁在被角上,把它压住了。
She was at once irritated.
她立刻非常恼火。
"Sit up!" said she, "Don't annoy me with holding the clothes fast. Are you Jane Eyre?"
“坐直了!”她说,“别那么死压着被头让我生气。你是简·爱吗?”
I am Jane Eyre.
我是简·爱。
I have had more trouble with that child than any one would believe.
谁都不知道这个孩子给我造成了多大麻烦。
Such a burden to be left on my hands -- and so much annoyance as she caused me, daily and hourly,
这么大一个包袱落在我手里--这些每日每时都给我带来那么多烦恼,
with her incomprehensible disposition, and her sudden starts of temper,
她的性情让人摸不透,她的脾气说发就发,
and her continual, unnatural watchings of one's movements!
她还总是怪里怪气窥探别人的行动!
I declare she talked to me once like something mad, or like a fiend -- no child ever spoke or looked as she did.
我说呀,有一次她同我说话,像是发了疯似的,或者活象一个魔鬼--没有哪个孩子会像她那样说话或看人。
I was glad to get her away from the house.
我很高兴把她从这里打发走了。
What did they do with her at Lowood?
在罗沃德他们是怎么对付她的呢?
The fever broke out there, and many of the pupils died.
那里爆发了热病,很多孩子都死了。
She, however, did not die, but I said she did -- I wish she had died!
而她居然没有死。不过我说过她死了——但愿她已经死了!