You'll hand it in as a written text.
你们要把书面报告交上来
20 to 30 minutes is about 10 to 15 pages of texts and this is what you'll ultimately hand in.
20到30分钟的报告内容,大约要写10到15页,这是你们最终要交上来的
You'll give both a written text as well as slides.
既要交书面报告也要交幻灯片
We are not going to grade for how beautiful and how amazing your powerpoints...
我们不会因你的幻灯片有多漂亮多精彩而打分
But we do want you to hand in slides that will be the outline for your talk.
但我们希望你们能提交幻灯片,那将作为你们报告的大纲
Now the only part of this that will be actually graded is what you hand in at the end, meaning the text of your lecture.
打分的唯一部分是你最后提交的东西,也就是你的报告的文稿
However, in addition to that, the powerpoint will be graded pass/fail, meaning you have to do it.
但是除此,幻灯片是必选项,就是说必须做幻灯片
but you are not going to be graded for it, is to give the presentation to other people from your section.
但幻灯片不会参与打分,是给小组成员作的报告时用的
Those of you in extention school will give to other people in your community.
进修学院的同学将对社区的其他人作报告
The idea here is paying it forward.
这样做是为了传递出去
Getting an idea and doing it. That's how I actually started my speaking career.
找到一个主题然后传递出去,我的演讲生涯就是这样开始的
I had a topic that I was personally interested and I gave it to the squash team.
我自己有个感兴趣的主题,我给壁球队作了演讲
I talked about it. Just to people close to me.
我跟和我很亲近的人讲
And I had a topic and then that evolved over time. So we want you, for those of you who haven't had the experience
我有了一个主题,最后发展成演讲。我们希望那些没有经历的同学
is to first of all synthesize material in the topic that you care about, that you think will make a difference in your life;
首先去综合,你感兴趣的主题的资料,那些能改变你人生的东西
and second to be able to pay it forward.
然后再传递出去