"Glinda is a Good Witch, isn't she?" asked the child.
多萝茜问:“甘林达是一个善良的女巫吗?”
"The Quadlings think she is good," said the soldier, "and she is kind to everyone.
“桂特林人公认她是好人,”兵士说,“她对每一个人都友好。
I have heard that Glinda is a beautiful woman, who knows how to keep young in spite of the many years she has lived."
我还听说那甘林达非常漂亮,她看上去依然年轻,虽然她已经很老了。”
"How can I get to her castle?" asked Dorothy.
多萝茜问:“我怎么找到她的城堡?”
"The road is straight to the South," he answered, "but it is said to be full of dangers to travelers.
“你要一直向南走,”他回答说,“然而你要知道,对于旅行的人们充满着危险。
There are wild beasts in the woods, and a race of queer men who do not like strangers to cross their country.
在路上,森林里藏着野兽,还有一种奇怪的人,他们不愿意让陌生的客人经过他们的国土。
For this reason none of the Quadlings ever come to the Emerald City."
就是因为这些原因,住在桂特林的人也没有来过这翡翠城。”
The soldier then left them and the Scarecrow said:
于是这个兵士说完这些话,就离开了。稻草人说道,
"It seems, in spite of dangers, that the best thing Dorothy can do is to travel to the Land of the South and ask Glinda to help her.
“那么,似乎只有多萝茜能够不顾路途的危险,去南方的国土:请求甘林达的帮助。
For, of course, if Dorothy stays here she will never get back to Kansas."
当然啦,如果多萝茜不去找甘达林,她永远也不能回到堪萨斯州去。”
"You must have been thinking again," remarked the Tin Woodman.
“你必须再仔细考虑一下,”铁皮人提醒他。
"I have," said the Scarecrow.
“我想过了,”稻草人说。
"I shall go with Dorothy," declared the Lion, "for I am tired of your city and long for the woods and the country again.
“我要和多萝茜一起去,”狮子声明说,“因为我已经厌倦了你的城市,渴望着森林和我的家。
I am really a wild beast, you know.
你得明白,我是一只真正的野兽。