Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Our company potluck is on December 23.
罗布:我们公司的百乐餐定在12月23日。
Taylor: Did Chef Jeff give you any good ideas for the Christmas dinner?
泰勒:杰夫大厨有没有给你提供一些圣诞晚餐的点子?
Rob: Yes. We can cook one main dish, and then everyone else can bring a salad or something else.
罗布:有啊。我们可以做一道主菜,然后其他人可以带一份沙拉或者别的东西。
Taylor: Like a dessert!
泰勒:比如说一份甜品!
Rob: Of course! You can never have too many desserts!
罗布:没错!甜品永远不嫌多!
Taylor: I'll make one.
泰勒:我要做一份。
Rob: Great! I'll bake a big ham.
罗布:太棒了!我会烤一只大火腿。
Conversation B
对话B
Taylor: What are you making for the potluck?
泰勒:你要为百乐餐做什么东西?
Linda: I haven't decided yet. But Rob is cooking a ham, right?
琳达:我还没决定呢。但是罗布要做一只火腿,是吧?
Taylor: Yes.
泰勒:是的。
Linda: Then I can make a potato dish. Ham and potatoes go well together.
琳达:那我就做一道土豆的菜肴吧。火腿和土豆很配呦。
Taylor: Yes, they do.
泰勒:是的,确实如此。
Linda: Or I could make soup.
琳达:或者我也可以做一道汤。
Taylor: Soup? For Christmas dinner?
泰勒:汤?圣诞晚餐喝吗?
Linda: Sure. I have a great shrimp soup recipe. I think people will really like it.
琳达:是啊。我有一个很美味的虾汤菜谱。我想大家会喜欢的。
Conversation C
对话C
Alex: I'm looking forward to the Christmas potluck.
阿莱克斯:我好期待圣诞节的百乐餐啊。
Ben: Me, too. There will be lots of good food to eat. Taylor is making cheesecake again.
本:我也是。会有很多美味的食物可以吃。泰勒又要做奶酪蛋糕了。
Alex: Yum! What are you going to bring?
阿莱克斯:美味!你会带什么呢?
Ben: I'm going to bring some fresh fruit.
本:我会带一些新鲜的水果。
Alex: And I'm going to bring fried rice.
阿莱克斯:我要带炒饭。
Ben: No one will go home hungry!
本:肯定没有人会饿着肚子回家了!
Alex: And if they do, it will be their own fault!
阿莱克斯:如果有的话,那就是他们自己的错了!