I — I will never forget it.
我——我永远不会忘记那场面。
I still dream about it sometimes.
有时我做梦还梦见呢。
A crater in the middle of the street, so deep it had cracked the sewer below.
街道中间有一个大坑,深得把下面的下水管道也弄破了。
Bodies everywhere. Muggles screaming.
到处是尸体。麻瓜们尖叫着。
And Black standing there laughing, with what was left of Pettigrew in front of him ... a heap of blood-stained robes and a few — a few fragments —'
而布莱克站在那里狂笑,小矮星彼得的残骸就在他面前……一堆血迹斑斑的袍子和不多——不多的碎块……”
Fudge's voice stopped abruptly.
福吉突然住了口。
There was the sound of five noses being blown.
传来五个人擤鼻子的声音。
'Well, there you have it, Rosmerta,' said Fudge thickly.
“好吧,故事你知道了,罗斯默塔,”福吉沙哑地说,
'Black was taken away by twenty members of the Magical Law Enforcement Patrol and Pettigrew received the Order of Merlin, First Class,
“布莱克被魔法法律执行队的二十名巡逻员带走了,小矮星彼得则得到了一级梅林爵士勋章。
which I think was some comfort to his poor mother.
我想这对他可怜的妈妈多少算是安慰吧。
Black's been in Azkaban ever since.'
自从那以后,布莱克一直关在阿兹卡班。”
Madam Rosmerta let out a long sigh.
罗斯默塔女士长叹一声。
'Is it true he's mad, Minister?'
“他疯了,是真的吗,部长?”
'I wish I could say that he was,' said Fudge slowly.
“但愿他是疯了,”福吉慢慢地说,
'I certainly believe his master's defeat unhinged him for a while.
“我相信他的主子失败这件事让他在一段时期以内精神失常了。
The murder of Pettigrew and all those Muggles was the action of a cornered and desperate man — cruel ... pointless.
杀死小矮星彼得和那么多麻瓜,这是一个走投无路、绝望的人做的事……残酷……没有目的。
Yet I met Black on my last inspection of Azkaban.
但是上一次我视察阿兹卡班时遇到了布莱克。
You know, most of the prisoners in there sit muttering to themselves in the dark, there's no sense in them ...
你们知道,那里的犯人多数坐在那里,在黑暗中对自己嘟嘟嚷嚷,他们已经没有什么意识了……
but I was shocked at how normal Black seemed.
但是,让我震惊的是,布莱克似乎很正常。
He spoke quite rationally to me. It was unnerving.
他对我说的话很有条理。我感到烦恼不安。
You'd have thought he was merely bored — asked if I'd finished with my newspaper, cool as you please, said he missed doing the crossword.
你们会以为他只是感到厌烦罢了——他问我有没有看完报纸,冷静得不得了,说他想做报纸上的纵横填字游戏。